Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone heard of this place? I've tried looking it up with no luck. I spent four months there between april 1971-july 1971
thanks
I was born in one, but in NJ. They probably no longer exist! But the Salvation Army in NYC holds their medical records. If you know your birthmom's name you too can get your medicial records from birth!!!! Thanks, Sue
Advertisements
Originally posted by aacaboo
Has anyone heard of this place? I've tried looking it up with no luck. I spent four months there between april 1971-july 1971
thanks
I stayed there for nine months from April 83 to Jan 84 I also canot find for they made it into apartments (In Omaha Ne) I want to find my son who would now be 20 yrs old now.Dont know where to begin
you can write to the adoption agency & get non-identifying information about your son. If no agency, not too sure what to do. I am the adoptee in this case, I think you would have to talk to another birthmom on how to find your son. Thx.
[URL=Booth Memorial Hospital and Maternity Home Contact Information]Booth Memorial Hospital and Maternity Home Contact Information[/URL]
this is how to get your records from them, you haveto go thru salvation army. i am having my mom open my brothers birth records. otherwise it is sealed.
Yes I was born there in 1960 in Oakland California. Some people call it Booth home and some call it "Booth memorial hospital". affiliated with the Salvation army apparently. In my case I don't believe it was an issue of cost, but more a home for unwed mothers, at that time pregnancy was frowned upon for teenage girls so severely they had to leave home and Booth provided the facilities.
Good luck!
Advertisements
i know for california the only way to access them is if the mother releases the info. i just got my mom to do this for my brother. i explained that if he wanted to find her he couldn't with sealed records. she sent the papers in this week. waiting now to hear from the for the records. brandon i want to find you.
I ALSO SPENT TIME AT A BOOTH HOSPITAL IN 1971, OMAHA, NEBRASKA. I GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY BOY.
WHAT AN EXPERIENCE....WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
I was at the Salvation Army Home for Unwed Mothers in Omaha Nebraska for a few months and gave birth there in September 1970. On my daughter's birth certificate, however, it shows Booth Memorial. You can get more information from Nebraska Children's Home in Omaha. Jeanne
Advertisements