Advertisements
Advertisements
Several things to update. I have access to more photos of St. Vincent's (the maternity part) and St. Anthony's Home (the orphanage part) now. I would like to know of the newspaper articles you mentioned sometime back. And there are some new pages on the Jackson County Juvenile Court page that appear as though there might be a new judge who is wanting things clarified -
[url=http://www.family-court.org/requesting_adoption_info.htm]Requesting Adoption Information - Jackson County MO Family Court[/url]
So try those links and remember that Rosalie is a civil servant and still moves at her own pace; be polite and patient with her and she will eventually provide you with what the laws allow, but not one bit more. Also - be SURE to ask if there is anything such as a letter to the adoptee in your file - if you don't ask, she won't volunteer that information. Same thing with Catholic Charities, though they are a bit tougher.
But through getting copies of my non-ID from both CC and Jackson County, I was able to piece enough info together to locate my birth family.
Bob