Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello, I am a new member and am interested in domestic adoption in MI. I really like what Adoption Associates have been saying in their materials. Does anyone have any information on this company? I would really like to hear your experiences.:confused:
Advertisements
We just dropped off our check and application today to AAI. So we will see how good they really are.
My brother and his wife just got a baby boy through them Domestic. They had no real complaints. The only thing they had was that suddenly they had a large sum of money due. They got selected by the birth mother only 2 weeks before she gave birth. so they were on an accelerated time schedule. They had to scramble to get the bill paid before the adoption could be final. They only had 2 days notice to pay the bill. which was larger than the thought it would be(because of additional legal expenses). This was not really AAI's fault but that was difficult for them. My advice would be have lots of ready cash for this. Or least a deep line of credit to draw on if needed.
Hi. I am a B-Mom, and went through Adoption Associates. Thee perespective I can give you is of course from a birth parent's perspective. I hope it can still provide some insight to you.
I loved working with them. I found all the caseworkers friendly, honest, and genuine. They have support groups for birthparents, including for those who are not yet sure if adoption is the choice they want to make. It means a lot to me that they supported me when I was pregnant, and helped my family cope with the decision I was making, too. Even now, years after releasing my baby to the best parents she could have had, they are there for me, letting me come back to the support group meetings I have not been to in years. I feel so welcomed by them still, and I am not the one sheelling out thousands of dollars. To the parents who are paying for their expertise, I imagine they will treat you with the same respect and dignity.
Last I knew, there was a playgroup for the adopted children and their parents to interact.
Good luck to you in your search for a baby. I will keep you in my prayers.
Always,
S
My husband and I have been very happy with Adoption Associates, Inc. Our case worker made the homestudy process smooth, and everybody has been extremely kind and professional. We were just added to the profile book September 19, 2003 and are anxiously awaiting a call. I do agree with the last comment posted. It is very wise to have cash accessible for wrapping up the final details. Friends of our also adopted their son through AAI, and they had such a good experience that they are adopting a second. Good Luck!!!!!
Hi! I just talked with them again today and really like what I have been told. We will be getting our information sent to us in the mail tomorrow and hope to sign up with them as soon as possible. It is such an exciting journey to begin. I do not know anyone who has adopted through them. Good luck to all in your adoption journeys. Oh, I almost forgot - We want to do domestic infant adoption also.
Advertisements
Some friends of mine in GR have used Adoption Assoc. twice. They have two beautiful children and were very pleased with their experience.
My husband and I are also wanting to adopt and are in the gathering of information and trying to decide on an agency stage. We live in Michigan. Can you please tell me where Adoption Associates are located so I can give them a call for information? Thank you very much.
They are located in Farmington Hills and Jenison. We received info from them and considered using them, but we decided on another agency because it was smaller and closer to our home.
Advertisements
We used them also - they have an office in Lansing as well as Jenison and Farmington Hills.
We have a great baby girl -
Remember that there is a $10,000 federal tax credit for adoptions now! it went into effect for the 2002 tax year - we got every $$ we spent, expenses, travel EVERYTHING!
An amazing agency with wonderful, caring caseworkers. Our oldest girl came to us a few years ago via Adoption Associates, and we've been on Cloud 9 ever since. Like any agency should, they put the needs of the child above and beyond all, but are also compassionate and caring towards waiting families and the birth moms and their families.
But most of all I like that in the territory you can ride on Balancing Two Wheel Electric Scooter!
More information you can find here:
Last update on July 19, 7:13 am by Jon Walter.