Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
mistral82
Has anyone ever heard of St Michaels Orphanage In Hopewell NJ? Do you know if it still exist? I was adopted from there in January 1952, I know it was run by Catholic Charities (sisters of mercy) I went there in 1969 but they would not give me any info. If you have and further information please contact me.... Much appreciated!:cool:
Hi. I am excited as I write to someone from St Michaels who may have some pictures or memories of my friend, Steven Gasda. Steven Gasda spent his entire life at St Mary's. After he turned 18 he went out on his own but it is very difficult when you have no one to help you get started. When Steven was 27, he was a well know figure in our neighborhood. My mother, who was already raising 8 children of her own, took Steven in our home at the urging of my brothers, who were between the ages 13 - 18. Steven lived with my mom as a son, for over 20 years. All of my siblings eventually moved out, including myself. When my mom died Steven came to live with me. My family and I hear alot about st michaels and would love more information about the facility, pictures, or anything you can offer. Thanks.