Advertisements
Advertisements
My name is Cara & I was adopted in Nov/Dec, 1974. I was supposedly dropped off at Casa de Madre Y El Nino and then adopted at approx. 6 mos old. My sister (who is Mulatto) was adopted in Dec., 1975 and was born there. We'd like any information anyone may have regarding laws and regulations for adoption procedures (as we don't believe we may be legal?) and to see if anyone else is in our locale (I'm in NJ/NYC) that would know anything else. Our adoptive parents are extremely evasive and insecure and do not disclose information.....please write if you can help us.
Thank you!
C. Jagodowski
jules,
My name is John Larkin. I also live in Florida and was adopted from La Casa in 1978. My birthparents tell me that the adoptions from La Casa are closed adoptions and I have heard that information will not be released. However, I have also heard that there is a possibility that a birth parent can leave their information with La Casa and specifically request that the information be given to the birth child if he/she returns and requests it. I don't know anything for sure. I am traveling with my birthparents to Colombia this coming May/2008 and should be able to ascertain some of the in's and outs. Have you been back to Colombia. This will be my first time.
Advertisements
hi, john I want to know your experiences in colombia and going back- i havent been back since i left in 82- I am born and adopted in medellin. does anyone have facebook- message me and ill add you, i want to keep in touch- i have an adoptee group call colombian adoptees, so search for it. gracias- shifra- aka dilia disnei atehortua im shifra saltzman on facebook- but my name is private
1 Liked
 likes this.
I was adopted from La Casa in 1980 and am thinking about trying to track down my birth parents. I have never really looked into it before and was wondering if anyone has had any success and if so how you went about it. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Hi Cara:
It really freaked me out to read your post. My name is Cara too and i was also adopted from La Casa in October 1980. I know you wrote this message along time ago but I wanted to reply to it anyway. Ii am looking to see if I have any brothers or sisters. My brother was also adopted from la Casa in December 1978. He will be getting married in Colombia in the Spring and I realy wnat to travel around and visit La Casa and see if it still exists. Please write back if anyine knows that it is still there.
Tree
Hi people I'm lisa and i was adopted from this place in 1994 and my birth name was valentina... When i was younger i did show no interest in finding my real parents at all. but now i'm older and am getting quite curious. Anyone got some useful information about were i could look into it more? thanks, Lisa Valentina F x
Advertisements
ShortieC
Hi Julie! I just returned from Colombia three days ago to continue my search. I have had no luck due to lack of info on my papers, but some of my freinds have had a little luck. Would love to chat with all. Please E-mail me at ShortieC@aol.com
Ana
Hi Ana,
Did you ever had any luck finding out about your birth parents. If yes, I would like to chat about it...
hi my name is Samuel Eduardo Iriarte and i was adopted in 1963 by canadian parent's, Melvin James Hickey and Donna Delphene Hickey de Torgerson. I'm the only sibling so far that has changed their name back to birth/adopted name. My parent's also adopted three girls, Maria Jeannet Jimenez (Pamela Inez Hickey in 1964) and a twins Maria Anna and Maria Elena Laverde (Wanda Kay and Rhonda May Hickey) in 1965. the last time i checked for information on my birth parent's or any extended family members, i was informed that prior to a particular year "the books" were closed. can't remember the year stated but never the less i'm sure if i showed up with cash in hand, information would surface. they were more than willing to take my life story but when it came for my inquiry they clammed up...it's a shame as i've always wanted to to meet my birth parents. i was given a good life by my canadian parents and as a teen was encouraged to seek info as i got older. i have in my possession my original adoption and baptism papers.....have fond memories growing up in colombia and venezuela....our family left south america in 1974 and moved to indonesia...dad was a petroleum engineer....moved to LA in 1980 and then to Canada, where i've been since. looking to find info on birth parents and any extended family members....i wish you all the best.... this is an awsome site! Saludos desde Toronto, Ontario Canada
Cara:
Do you have a U.S. state-issued certificate of foreign birth? A certificate of citizenship? If your adoption had been illegal, it is likely that you would not have been given an immigrant visa, would not have been able to obtain a state birth certificate, and would not have been able to become a U.S. citizen.
It is likely that your parents used an American agency to facilitate your adoption. See if you can find out which agency they used. If I had to guess, I'd say it was one in NYC -- most likely one of the older agencies that have worked in Colombia for years; I'll PM you if I can think of any. Nowadays, agencies are learning to help adoptees find their roots, and you might want to try to find out about your situation through one of the U.S. agencies.
Sharon
hello i was adopted from la casa de la madre el nino in 82. i called the orphanage one yr and they told me their records were burned or lost and they cant help me..they also told me i hAd to be 30 in south american laws to even begin searching..i havent tried till now i am 31..good luck to u..
Advertisements
Hello my name is now David Braun me and my 3 brothers were adopted from Bogota Colombia in the early 80's. My birth name is either Cesar Ferney Tibabisco or Cesar Shabation Shamparro. My certificate of birth says i am from Zipaquira, Cundinamarca. I know very little about my life in Colombia from what i been told by my adopted parents. What i know is that i have 2 sisters and 2 older brother that were to old to make it to the orphanage. I guess my mom went to jail and my dad died so all the kids were sent to grandma and grandpas house. And for what ever reason our grandparents decided to leave us on the side of the road in the middle of Colombia somewhere. We were then found by some lady that took us all to an orphanage. I dont know the name of the orphanage that we were sent to. But when we got to the orphanage they only kept 4 of us. All i can remember about the orphanage is that there was a big white dog and it rained alot!! There were areas in the building that didnt have windows and the clothes we wear were like rags. All 4 of us brothers were adopted into the same family. I am now 33 years old and have 2 kids of my own and i feel that its very important for them to know there heritage and where they came from. So thats why i am here today on this web site hoping i can find and get some answers. If anyone can help me out or has any answers please feel free to email me at cesarshabationshamparro@yahoo.com Thanx for taking the time to read my story.
hi my name is bari gaire adopted from la casa de la madre el ninos born 1976 adopted april of 1978 my adopted parents lived in nj looking for my siblings
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi Cara, My name is Paola and I am from Colombia. I used to be a Lawyer there, so I can inform you about La Casa de La Madre y el nino. It is a prestigious adoption center in Colombia and it exist. Becarfoul it is diferent from la casita which was another adoption center that now is close. But La Casa de la Madre y el ninio still exist in Bogota Colombia and it is an aproved place to adopt a Colombian kid. So if you were adopted there I am totally sure that your adoption was legal. There is just like 6 or 7 places where you can adopt legally. Usually the adoption papers on colombia are disclosed and open to see after 30 years so I think that your papers are absoluty open now since they are more than 30 years between 1975 till today. The address there is Calle 48 #28-30, Bogotá, Colombia and phone number is +57 1 2687400.
Hope this info can be util to you.
Paola
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Hi I came across your post. I was adopted in 1977 by parents from New Jersey. I was about 6 months old as well when I was adopted. I am of black/white Colombian ancestry. Would like to connect to learn more about your story!
Hello everyone,
My name is Charles White, and I'm reaching out to the world in search of a very special person - my birth mother, Isabella. I was born in May of 1975, and my journey began at Casa de la Madre Y el Nino. While my life has been filled with love and blessings from my adoptive family, there has always been a part of me longing to connect with the woman who brought me into this world.
The name Isabella holds a profound significance in my heart, as it represents the missing link in my life story. I yearn to know her, to understand her, and to express my gratitude for the sacrifice she made in giving me life. Every day, I carry with me the hope that somewhere out there, she may be searching for me too.
I understand that this quest may seem like searching for a needle in a haystack, but I refuse to lose faith. Miracles happen when we least expect them, and I'm holding onto that belief with all my might. That's why I'm asking for your help, dear readers. If anyone out there has any information about Isabella, or if you know someone who might have a connection to Casa de la Madre Y el Nino in 1975, please reach out to me.
Your assistance could be the key to unlocking the missing pieces of my identity. Whether it's a small clue or a significant lead, every bit of information brings me one step closer to finding my birth mother. I'm also reaching out through prayers, hoping that the universe will guide me to her. I believe that the Lord will lead me to my biological mother.
To Isabella, if you're reading this, please know that my heart aches to meet you. There's an unspoken bond between us that transcends time and distance. I long to hear your voice, to see your face, and to embrace you with the love and gratitude that fills my soul.
Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read and share my plea. Together, we can turn this quest into a reality and reunite a mother and her child after years of separation.
With hope and gratitude,
Charles White