NOTICE: Kansas is an “Open Records” state. See “Identifying Information” and “Obtaining An Original Birth Certificate” below:
Identifying Information: The Department of Social and Rehabilitation may contact the birth parents at the request of an adopted adult for any reason and at the request of adoptive parents of a minor for medical information. The Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services may contact the adopted adult for any reason and the adoptive parents of a minor in the event of a health or medical need. Information will not be given to the birth parents without the consent of the adoptive parents of a minor adoptee or the adopted adult. An adopted adult may receive all information in the file.
Obtaining an Original Birth Certificate: The original birth certificate may be opened by the State registrar only upon the demand of the adult adopted person or by a court order. Adult adoptees over the age of 18 can access original birth certificate for $10 from Kansas Bureau of Vital Statistics, 900 SW Jackson, Topeka, KS 66612. Must submit written, notarized request.
For information about adoption related information and records:
Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services
Children and Family Policy Division
915 SW Harrison, 5th Floor
Topeka, KS 66612
(785) 296-0918
Fax: (785) 368-8159
Non-Identifying Information: Adopted adults and birth parents can receive some information.
Note: For all above services… Must submit written request with Xerox copy of driver's license or birth certificate.
Other great websites to check out:
[url=] Forums[/url]
[url=]Adoption Lists - Photolistings, Support Groups, Mailing Lists - Agency, Exchange, Failed, Feel, Find[/url]
[url=] - Information on International, Domestic, Child & Agency Adoptions, Stories, Laws -[/url]
[url=]Adopting - Adopt a Baby, Child, Infants, Kids, Older, Services, International, Information China -[/url]
[url=]Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search Reunite[/url]
My mother gave 2 sons up for adoption. The problem is those times are very foggy for her so she does not remember dates or any of the important stuff... I would like to make my information easily obtainable for my brothers if they happen to be looking. One would have been bor in the late 70's and the other in the early 80's and I know his birth father's first name is Bruce. I also know that the attorney who handled one of the adoptions is Robert Green of Ottawa Ks. How can I obtain more info without going thru my mom? And what would you suggest to make it easy for my brothers to find me if they are looking?You may e-mail me at
1 Liked
 likes this.