Advertisements
Advertisements
WELCOME TO THE SEARCH AND REUNION MESSAGE BOARD!
NOTICE: Missouri is a “Confidential Intermediary” state. See “Requesting Identifying Information” below:
Requesting Identifying Information: An adopted adult can request information regarding the birth parents and the agency will contact the birth parents for consent to release the information. If the adoption was finalized prior to August 13, 1986, the adoptive parents must be notified first, and a search will only be conducted if the adoptive parents agree. If the adoptive parents do not consent, no information will be released and the birth parents will not be contacted.
Contact this office for questions about adoption related information and records:
Missouri Department of Social Services
Division of Family Services
PO Box 88
Jefferson City, MO 65103
(573) 751-0311
Fax: (573) 526-3971
Requesting Non-Identifying Information: Adoptive parents and adopted adults may obtain non-identifying information. Contact the adoption agency that facilitated the adoption, the court that finalized the adoption or the office above in Jefferson City, MO.
Using the State of Missouri Adoption Registry: Adopted adults age 21 or older and birth parents may register. Adoptive parents must consent to the release of identifying information on adoptions completed prior to August 13, 1986.
Missouri Division of Family Services
Adoption Information Registry
P.O. Box 88
Jefferson City, MO 65103
(800) 554-2222
Please mark the letter "Confidential."
Requesting an Original Birth Certificate: An adoptee must petition the court in which the adoption was finalized to receive.
NOTE:
The Missouri Birth List/Index gives the first and last names of everyone born in all the Counties of Missouri on a particular day. The adopted name will be on this list but not the birth name. Send your request and a check for $27.50 to:
Bureau of Health Data Analysis
Missouri dept of Health and Senior Services
PO Box 570
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0570
Attn: Sheila Murphy
Other great websites to check out:
[url=http://www.adoptionchat.com]Adoption.com Forums[/url]
[url=http://www.adoption.com]Adoption.com - Information on International, Domestic, Child & Agency Adoptions, Stories, Laws -[/url]
[url=http://www.adopting.org]Adopting - Adopt a Baby, Child, Infants, Kids, Older, Services, International, Information China -[/url]
[url=http://registry.adoption.com/]Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search Reunite[/url]
Advertisements
Does the information on this birth index contain the names of the biological mother and father or is it going to end up being the adoptive parents. Also, where does one send for this and how do you know what date or dates to request? We know some birthdays are accurate but others are not. Advice please. thanks
I don't think it list any parents names at all, although you can double check that. It list the adopted name and you request the list for the dob of the person you are searching. Each list is $52.50. Basically it is a list of all children born on a specific date. It might have county of birth listed, but I am not sure. Contact the lady below and she will tell you what it contains.
PO Box 570
HOW DO YOU GET ONE FOR ILLINOIS AND INDIANA WOULD YOU KNOW I WAS BORN 1960 THANKS LISA lknight@cityofmountain home.com
stillamom2
Birth Index price is now $52.50 in Missouri
Advertisements
donna72315
im looking for 2 sister that where put up for adoption 1965to 1967 in missouri im not having much luck
I was born and adopted in 1967 in St. Louis Missouri.
arnettm2@cintas.com
donna72315
im looking for 2 sister that where put up for adoption 1965to 1967 in missouri im not having much luck
HI:
I was born and adopted in 1967 in St. Louis Missouri.
arnettm2@cintas.com
thesearchguru
WELCOME TO THE SEARCH AND REUNION MESSAGE BOARD!
NOTICE: Missouri is a Confidential IntermediaryӔ state. See Requesting Identifying InformationӔ below:
Requesting Identifying Information: An adopted adult can request information regarding the birth parents and the agency will contact the birth parents for consent to release the information. If the adoption was finalized prior to August 13, 1986, the adoptive parents must be notified first, and a search will only be conducted if the adoptive parents agree. If the adoptive parents do not consent, no information will be released and the birth parents will not be contacted.
Contact this office for questions about adoption related information and records:
Missouri Department of Social Services
Division of Family Services
PO Box 88
Jefferson City, MO 65103
(573) 751-0311
Fax: (573) 526-3971
Requesting Non-Identifying Information: Adoptive parents and adopted adults may obtain non-identifying information. Contact the adoption agency that facilitated the adoption, the court that finalized the adoption or the office above in Jefferson City, MO.
Using the State of Missouri Adoption Registry: Adopted adults age 21 or older and birth parents may register. Adoptive parents must consent to the release of identifying information on adoptions completed prior to August 13, 1986.
Missouri Division of Family Services
Adoption Information Registry
P.O. Box 88
Jefferson City, MO 65103
(800) 554-2222
Please mark the letter "Confidential."
Requesting an Original Birth Certificate: An adoptee must petition the court in which the adoption was finalized to receive.
NOTE:
The Missouri Birth List/Index gives the first and last names of everyone born in all the Counties of Missouri on a particular day. The adopted name will be on this list but not the birth name. Send your request and a check for $27.50 to:
PO Box 570
Many blessings on your search journey,
Colleen Buckner, THE SEARCH GURU
Moderator for Search and Reunion Message Board
Other great websites to check out:
[url=http://www.adoptionchat.com]Adoption Chat[/url]
[url=http://www.adoption.com]Adoption.com - Information on International, Domestic, Child & Agency Adoptions, Stories, Laws -[/url]
[url=http://www.adopting.org]Adopting - Adopt a Baby, Child, Infants, Kids, Older, Services, International, Information China -[/url]
[url=http://registry.adoption.com/]Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search Reunite[/url]
The birth/Index is now $52.50. They cashed my check, so hopefully we will be getting something to further our search for the Anderson brothers.
Thank you so very very very much to those who posted this information.
PO Box 570
As of April 2007, the cost for a report showing the final birth file names of everyone born on one certain day is $52.50. Please contact Sheila Murphy to confirm the cost prior to making a request.
I ordered this list a couple of weeks ago after searching for my cousin for 13 years. I never found him because his name was changed. I received the list on Wednesday, looked up phone numbers for Male adoptees on the list, and by Friday I found him!!! I'm still crying tears of joy!!!:banana:
To all those still searching: Never give up! If you know the birthdate and they were born in the state of MO, this list will have their adopted name on it. Then you can narrow down your search tremendously. It was worth every penny and more!!!:dance:
Advertisements
grandbabyholt
Thank you so very very very much to those who posted this information.
PO Box 570
As of April 2007, the cost for a report showing the final birth file names of everyone born on one certain day is $52.50. Please contact Sheila Murphy to confirm the cost prior to making a request.
I ordered this list a couple of weeks ago after searching for my cousin for 13 years. I never found him because his name was changed. I received the list on Wednesday, looked up phone numbers for Male adoptees on the list, and by Friday I found him!!! I'm still crying tears of joy!!!:banana:
To all those still searching: Never give up! If you know the birthdate and they were born in the state of MO, this list will have their adopted name on it. Then you can narrow down your search tremendously. It was worth every penny and more!!!:dance:
That is great! gives me hope. i sent off for my list last week!
Hi, I work for Social Services in the state of MO. Unfortunately I do not work with vital records. I've listed two websites that I hope will help someone locate the information they need. I dont know why they didn't come up as links though. Anyway, if you need further help please let me know either on here or you can email me at kcare4me@aol.com. I can't promises that I am able to help, but I will see what I can do.
[url=http://www.dhss.mo.gov/BirthAndDeathRecords/]Home[/url]
[url=http://www.dhss.mo.gov/BirthAndDeathRecords/applications.html]How do I request a Vital Record?[/url]
My finacee and I have been trying to locate a child of his ex that is said to be my finacee's child. But the last we had heard from his ex she said he had gotten taken away and her sister adopted him, no idea on sisters name or where he is. My fiancee wouldnt have been on the birth certificate and in turn wouldnt have had to agree to the adoption. He would really like to find him and get a paternity test done and then go from there. Any idea where we should start?
Advertisements
Searchguru...thanks so much for the contact information of various agencies. Two questions - I'm wanting identifying information, both of my adoptive parents are deceased, and I'm guessing that both of my bparents are also deceased. Is it possible to get identifying info in this case? Also, perhaps the most important question - was identifying information falsified by Fairmount Hospital? My bmom gave birth to me in 1950 - all I've heard from search advocates is that the information contained in social history was falsified. Thanks so much for any information you can share!
What happens if the birthmother is deceased but one of the siblings is searching for another sibling who was given up for adoption? I have been searching for my older sister for 25 years.
Thanks,
Deena
deenajamison@yahoo.com