Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
<< I have already dealt with Richmond social services who handeled my adoption and it seems like Va is getting to be just one big vicious circle, I have doubts that I will ever know >>
I think one problem is that many of the people we reach within the system are simply government workers, (probably underpaid, maybe not that well trained) who don't have a particular investment in helping you get to a resolution. They're just watching the clock and want the callers to GO AWAY.
The woman I got in Social Services told me there would be no records for my mother's adoption, as it was handled by an agency and then finalized in a different state. Then when we saw the non-identifying information file from the agency, there is OF COURSE correspondence with the Richmond state office! They had to approve a child being placed out of state! It even says, "We will keep this file open until we hear back from you."
I am too grumpy to wrestle more with them at the moment, and have moved on to the state where the adoption was finalized. But they are shredding my LAST NERVE!!!