NOTE: The State of Wyoming has a “Confidential Intermediary” program that will search for and locate birth relatives:
State of Wyoming Confidential Intermediary Program:
W.S. 1-22-203(b) allows an adult adoptee, adoptive parents, birth parent or birth relative who is age 18 or older to file an Affidavit and Petition to Appoint a confidential Intermediary in District court to assist in the location of the adult, biological relative. If located and the birth relative agrees, the intermediary brings about contact after filing notice with the court. The necessary forms and paperwork to complete this procedure are in the Clerk of the district court’s office. You should contact the office where you think the adoption was finalized. If you do not know where the adoption occurred, file in the court nearest you.
There are fees associated with the Confidential Intermediary Program. The Legislature intended no state funds be used for this purpose. You will be required to pay a $60 filing fee with the District Court at the time you file your petition. You will need to pay $100 per search, per person, to the confidential Intermediary after the court appoints one to serve you, prior to the search. You will need to reimburse the Intermediary for any expenses for such items as copy fees, telephone calls, etc. that are necessary in the location of the sought after relative.
There is no guarantee of a reunion or contact with the sought after relative, even if located. Consent by that relative is strictly their choice.
Wyoming Confidential Adoption Intermediary Services
Hathaway Building, Room 336
2300 Capitol Avenue
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0710
(307) 777-3570
(307) 777-3693 fax
Contact this office for questions about other adoption related information and records:
Wyoming Department of Family Services
2300 Capitol Avenue, Hathaway Building, 3rd Floor, Room 376
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0490
(307) 777-3570
Fax: (307) 777-3693
Requesting Non-Identifying Information:
W.S. 1-22-116 states, "To the extent available, the medical history of a child subject to adoption and his natural parents, with information identifying the natural parents eliminated, shall be provided by an authorized agency or may be provided by order of a court to the child’s adoptive parent, anytime after the adoption decree or to the child after he attains the age of majority." In other words, an adoptee or adoptive parent may write to the Department of Family Services or agency where the adoption occurred and request "non-identifying medical information" without court order. There is no provision for this information to be provided to the birth parent.
Requesting an Original Birth Certificate: An adoptee must petition the court in which the adoption was finalized.
Other great websites to check out:
[url=] Forums[/url]
[url=]Adoption Lists - Photolistings, Support Groups, Mailing Lists - Agency, Exchange, Failed, Feel, Find[/url]
[url=] - Information on International, Domestic, Child & Agency Adoptions, Stories, Laws -[/url]
[url=]Adopting - Adopt a Baby, Child, Infants, Kids, Older, Services, International, Information China -[/url]
[url=]Adoption Registry - Records, Reunion Registries, Adoptees, Search Reunite[/url]