Advertisements
Advertisements
I am 25 years old and adopted through catholic charities in winona/rochester Minnesota. I have just begun my search and fro mreading all these posts I am trrified that i willcom up with nothing at all. Not to mention the outlandish prices they have for them to do the search for you....and with no assurance that once my birthparents are found that i will even recieve the info if they do not wish me to have it.... which is pretty darn ridiculous if you ask me.... especially saince i would be paying over 549 dollars.... If anyone has any suggestions I woudl be open to anything you ahve to offer.... I was also considering trying to find a tribal council to help me, but am not sure what to d oor if they woudl help me since i have no idea what tribe I would actually belong to.
kateri
Advertisements
sorry about the awful spelling in my post.... it is early in the morning here in MN and I am very very tired...lol...
I had a great experience with CC here in Cleveland, I called them and they told me exactly what to send in to them. Yes I did have to pay some money but to me it was worth it. AFter a week they send me a confirmation letter stating they have received my request and that it may take up to 2 months to get my information together but if I was adopted through them, I should expect a detailed letter from them asap. 1 week before the 2 month date, I received 4 pages of information about me and my b-family. To me this is gold. I now know my ethnicity and they matched me up exactly with the same ethnic adoptive parents. I have just recently sent my b-mom a contact letter...I never would have had enough information to do so without the invaluable info i received from CC. Sure some of the nuns from grade school were scarey, but some of them were real saints too.
THANKS FOR YHE INSIGHT. I SURE HOPE I REACH A SAINT SOON...LOL I'M FROM CHICAGO SO CC ISN'T SO COOPERATIVE. IF U HAVE ANY IDEAS FOR ME U CA, PM ME. I'VE JUST ABOUT GIVEN UP ON CC. THANKS
don't give up just yet...call CC and ask to speak to the person in charge of adoptions. Tell her what you are looking for, tell her what you've been through and maybe you'll get lucky. My search took a few years, mainly because i wasn't ready. I received list of all the babies born in my area on my b-day (check public records at the library, they may be able to assist you on this one) then get the non-id info and start with that info and the pieces will start coming together. I wish you luck
Advertisements
VTCC has done nothing but ignore my requests for information. I am disgusted, but not giving up.
Did you call to see who was in charge of adoptions? Try and go to the forums on here and look for state specifics for your state...there are some wonderful people that post here that might be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck again.
I am just starting my search. I was born in Albany, NY, on 4/22/62 and CC handled the adoption. I don't know my bp names. My mom does have a name of the lady that cared for me in the orphanage.She hand wrote all of the things I did as an infant.My mom and dad got me when I was 1mo. My bmom was 19, Roman Catholic and of Italian heritage. My dad was 26 and Catholic too. If anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed I would appreciate it.I registered on 2 sites.
Thanks
My birth daughter just turned 23, on January 6th. I ran across this forum and feel really disappionted now and hopeless. Catholic Charities lied to me and told me I would recieve pictures until she was 5 years of age. I recieved one at 3 months old, and another at 13. I am saddened by the idea that she isnt getting my cards mailed to Catholic Charities in Chicago. My social worker was Mary Carol O'Brien the spelling might be wrong. I named my daughter Angela Marie and her name was changed to Stacy. Anyone, Someone, please help. I was 17 at the time and my mother forced me to give her up, even sent me to a home for 2 months to hide me.
Advertisements
Even until the 1980s, it would appear. Then again, my birth state is one of the few where adoption records are absolutely closed and they don't care why you would need them.
i was lucky the lady i talked to @ cc in MO has been very helpful but i also know the names of my bparnets i was born in kan. & their an open state. but Mo. since i already know names you would think i could have my records
what was the name and contact number of the lady in Kansas City Catholic Charities with whom you spoke.
I was adopted through CC in Charleston, SC. My experience has been nothing short of awful. I began my search 18 years ago and am still at it devouring any scrap of info they throw my way. Sister Elaine once asked me if I was mal-adjusted because I wanted to search for my birthmother. I replied it takes a great deal of courage and conviction to search. I was born March 24, 1960 at Divine Saviour Hospital in York, SC (referred to as a baby mill run by nuns) A woman in the hospital met my birthmother, didn't get a name, but told me the nuns were all over this girl and wouldn't let her talk to anyone. This woman said my birthmother cried alone in her room for about a week. Luckily, this woman snuck in a offered some kind words to the 16 year old girl. I thanked the woman for being compassionate towards my mother. I don't understand how people who gave themselves to God could be so cruel to young girls; treating them as if they weren't human beings with feelings. and now how can they treat adoptees in much the same manner. I am considering doing a piece about CC for a newspaper. I would love to hear from anyone else adopted through CC or any birthmother who dealt with CC.
Thanks, Margaret (aka the infant known as Mary)
I am a birth mother who has looked for my son born October 1969. He will turn 49 next month. Catholic Charities at a home for unwed mothers in Kansas City, MO handled the adoption. Please contact me about my relentless quest to locate my son. You can reach me at vworrel@gmail.com
Advertisements