Advertisements
Advertisements
This is my first time at this sight. Actually it's my first time at any adoption site. I am adopted and I have know since as long as I can remember. I have an adopted sister, not blood related, I have tried in many ways to deal with the multitude of issues that come along with being adopted. I am an undergrad student in Chicago IL. I live in the heart of downtown and I was wondering if anyone knew of any support groups that meet in the city. Thank you so much for any help, I really appreciate it. It is difficult for me to sort out all the feelings and questions I have. I find it hard to really relate these feelings to people that haven't been adopted. It gets really lonely and hard to deal with, as I am sure that all of you know. I am glad this site exists and I stumbled across it.
Advertisements
HI,
I AM FROM THE SUB. NEAR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO I ALSO WAS LOOKING FOR A SUPPORT GROUP NEAR MY HOUSE. I HAVE NOT COME ACROSS ANYTHING BUT I AM LOOKING! I HAVE MANY FEELINGS INSIDE ME THAT I WISH I COULD SHARE AND GET HELP WITH. IF YOU EVER WANT TO TALK JUST E MAIL ME! GOOD LUCK AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I FIND ANYTHING INTERESTING.
MANDY
Kasey once gave me this link to find a support group in LA so I pass on the favor:
[url]http://naic.acf.hhs.gov/database/nadd/naddsearch.cfm[/url]
hope it helps.
Emiry
This is my first time at this sight. Actually it's my first time at any adoption site. I am adopted and I have know since as long as I can remember. I have an adopted sister, not blood related, I have tried in many ways to deal with the multitude of issues that come along with being adopted. I am an undergrad student in Chicago IL. I live in the heart of downtown and I was wondering if anyone knew of any support groups that meet in the city. Thank you so much for any help, I really appreciate it. It is difficult for me to sort out all the feelings and questions I have. I find it hard to really relate these feelings to people that haven't been adopted. It gets really lonely and hard to deal with, as I am sure that all of you know. I am glad this site exists and I stumbled across it.
I too am looking for a group in chicago as well. I am a grad student in downtown chicago....In the mean time, maybe we could exchange contact info?? Let me know what you think?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Lstephens12
I too am looking for a group in chicago as well. I am a grad student in downtown chicago....In the mean time, maybe we could exchange contact info?? Let me know what you think?
You might want to send a Private Message (PM) to JodyM. I'm pretty sure she's in the Chicago area, and she runs a triad support group that meets on a regular basis. She also has some online adoptee support groups. :)
Advertisements
Lstephens12
I am an adoptive mother/biological grandmother. My daughter is 10, has been with me for about 4 years, but struggles with many issues. I'd like to find a group for her.
We are in the NW suburbs, would go to the city, too.
Any and all referrals or help would be greatly appreciated. My prayers to all living with the scars of family dysfunction, the pain and injury. Thanks,
Grandma Mom
I am a 52 year-old adult adoptee. I am a counselor as well.
I am willing to facilitate a downtown Chicago group for adoptees if anyone is interested.
Please contact me.
Thank you.
David
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi Emiry, I am from Chicago as well. I would also suggest you contact JodyM. She leads a monthly support group in the Naperville area. I'm going to PM you her e-mail.
I am a 29 year old grad student in chicago, I am an adoptee looking for a support group that meets in Chicago
Advertisements