Advertisements
Advertisements
Amazing you write this becasue I was also told that my bmom's sister in law thought I'd be older then I am also my last name was not spelled correctly on my adoption papers which made my search almost impossible. I did however get beyond the "mistakes" and have found my birth siblings all 13 of them and they are full siblings. I found the information before CC searcher did. Being a year older or not doesn't bother me but the mispelliing of the names not sure if laziness or simply not caring or someone couldn't read the hand written and just wrote down whatever they felt since they would be closed records. Boy! just makes me feel that we were never important enough and just shipped out with no feelings. good luck to all of you . I started my search oly 6 weeks ago and honestly the internet helped me more then I thought it could with the help of a credit card which cost only 20 to get all my information. If I had the right spelling many years ago the search would have been successful back then.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
:confused:
[FONT=Impact]TODAY IS MY DAUGHTERS 15TH BIRTHDAY AND I CANT HELP BUT WONDER WHERE SHE IS HOW SHE IS AND WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE. SHE WENT WITH HER ADOPTIVE FAMILY ON SEPT 28 1990, THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I SAW HER AND HELD HER. I COULDNT SAY GOOD BYE I JUST HELD HER HAND AND STARED. HER A-PARENTS SENT ME PICS UNTIL SHE WAS IN PRESCHOOL (AGE 4)AND THEN NOTHING. I FEEL LOST. I HAVE TWO BOYS NOW AND THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE. THEY BOTH KNOW ABOUT THEIR SISTER AND ASK QUESTIONS NOW AND THEN. DOES ANYONE FEEL LIKE I DO. I AM LOST, EMPTY, SCARED AND I DONT KNOW HOW DO GET IT ALL BACK ...........
Birthmoms should be able to get the original birth certificate but not the amended birth certificate.
Janet
In 1979 I was at Seaton House in Richmond, from feb-june. I gave birth to a girl 6/22/79. I found a girl in Richmond 6/21/79, but was unable to contact her. I do know that none of the girls at Seaton House gave birth on that day. My child's first name and mine were both wrong in the original court papers filed in court. I requested in court that they be corrected. When the final decree came her given name was corrected but mine was not. I have also seen a post with a description of a mother who gave birth at Seaton House. I'm pretty sure I know who it is but the birth date is off by about 10 weeks, possibly an adoption date, but have not been able to contact.
When my child was born the nurses would not let me hold her at the hospital, first they said I needed to rest, then they said it wasn't good for my emotional health, then I got an infection which kept me hospitalized for 2 weeks, and I could not hold her. The social worker came on the third day with the transport papers for me to sign. I said not until I hold my baby. She called my parents and told them that the baby had to leave the hospital because insurance would not pay for a healthy baby to stay. I told my mom I don't care I'm paying the bill, the baby stays. This senario was repeated everyday for 4 days. Finally I held my baby, I had a fever a 105 when they let me do this: so my question is: what was preventing me from holding her sooner?
Also in 1986, while attending college, I befriended an instructor who was adopting through C.C. she told me she had to pay $40,000, for the service. They told her it was to cover the cost of medical bills and pregnancy home room and board. I paid all that myself. We all did, our parents paid, and most of us were having to pay our parents back, a few got a discount, but most paid full-price. My repayment to my parents for costs incurred after insurance was $10,000. Those that didn't have insurace were billed to medicaide for medical expenses. Seaton House closed down due to lack of funding in 1981. So where did all that money go?
how much did they change your b-day ?
the month and/or the day ?
makes me wonder if they still do that today ?
I have an aunt that adopted a girl in 1966,and
an aunt that adopted a girl in 1975,wonder if
their b-days (and/or names)were changed
(very much) ?
Patrick's birthmom,(in ILL.)
Lori Weis
Advertisements
I was adopted from cc in florida I have always known i was adopted but just recently found out that they changed my birthday by two years and even changed my place of birth it has cost me over 5000 dollars in lawyers to find all this out.I still have not found my birth parents . But with this new information i am one step closer. Good luck everyone
Roger
I was born 11-11-74, adopted 4-75. THINK I WAS ADOPTED THROUGH CATHOLIC CHARITIES (ADOPTED MOM NOT VERY FORTHCOMING WITH THE INFO) ARE THE STORIES I HAVE BEEN HEARING ABOUT CC REALLY THAT HORRIFYING? DO THE REALLY CHARGE YOU $200 FOR A SEARCH?
WENDY
wkmcomber@msn.com
It all depends on the Catholic Charities you're dealing with. The only thing that I found was changed in my info. was the hospital where I was born - everything else was as I always knew it to be. The CC that I dealt with was wonderful - very encouraging and helpful. It did take a couple phone calls to keep things on track, but once things got straightened out, it was really very good.
Yes, they do charge - they have to pay the person who is doing the work. Cost varies from place to place - but yes, - I would say around $200 is about right. I think it was $175 for me - but it's worth it, believe me!!!!
MKW
non-idenifying information is bmom hair and eye color nationality, if she finished high school what her jobs may have been, how many brothers and sisters she had if your bdad was listed not any names or any information that could help you connected with them however the infromation they give you can give you a start if you have bname it helped me find my bmom and some of the bfamily. it was easy for me because she never married and still lived in the same city. still looking for other sibblings who werer given up for adoption cc will not tell you anything about sibblings good luck in your search chris
Advertisements
I am searching everywhere and posting to everything possible. I found out i have a half sister that was relinquished by bio mom name -- Finn or Hierspiel to catholic charities in 1970. she was born at portsmouth naval hospital and her birthday is Nov. 4th 1970 but reading your posts has me wondering if my postings will do anygood. What if they changed her birthday or place of birth? I have no name for her , I only know her as babygirl. This is very upsetting. How am I suppose to get my info out there for her to find if the info I am posting is not accurate? I know my info is correct but how do i know her birthcertificate wasn't changed? or CC didn't change things in her record?
How can i or my mom go about getting the info babygirl may have been given by CC ??????????????
Please email me directly as well as reply because i have a hard time manipulating through this website- butterflyswhispers@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Non i-d means non-identifying information. You generally order it either from the agency that handled the adoption or if the adoption was private, from the state.
Check with W.A.R.M. (Washington Adoption Reunion Movement) - they may be able to help you. Washington State has the confidential intermediary system and they can do searches - plus they have support groups and other info available.
[url]http://www.warmsearch.org/[/url]
Advertisements
Catholic charities of Buffalo and Rochester New York changed my adopted brother's birthday by exactly 45 days in 1968. As well as the town he was born in. They also switched his non-identification information with another adoptee.
Catholic charities of Buffalo and Rochester New York changed my adopted brother's birthday by exactly 45 days in 1968. As well as the town he was born in. They also switched his non-identification information with another adoptee.
Hi, I know I'm very late in the game here but I was searching about problems with Catholic Family Services and saw this post. How did you find this out!? I am having a similar problem. I found my birth father on Ancestry and it appears that everything CC gave me was wrong. Every. thing.