Advertisements
Advertisements
I was recently told by a relative that I was adopted. I cannot confirm this because my parents are deceased. My parents were origanallly from Argentina but moved to the USA as teenagers. I found it strange that my mother left the US to deliver a baby in Argentina. I could never understand that and then not to see any pregnancy pics of her or baby pictures of a baby between 1 hour old until 2 weeks old. What happened between then?? I have only had a record of birth from the US and recently sent away to argentina for the actual birth certificate only to find my mother actually filled it out. Here in the USA we cannot fill out our own birth Certificates but she did. I was told that people would take a baby and register it as if they delivered the child. So now I am at a loss of what to do, any suggestions?? thanks, Lia
Advertisements
This must be deeply disturbing. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I think the first thing to do would be to confirm that you are in fact adopted; there's always a possibility, however remote, that your relative might be mistaken/ misinformed. Do you have any siblings that you could test your DNA against, or other relatives who might be willing to submit to a DNA test so that you can find out for sure?
If it turns out that you are in fact adopted, you might try taking out ads in some of the Argentinian (sp?) newspapers, stating your birthdate and that you are seeking biological relatives. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to suggest. I'm sure there are ways to find them, but I don't know that much about international searches. You might try posting this concern on the "Search and Reunion" boards; you might get more of a response that way.
Best of luck to you. ~ Sharon
thank you sharon for your kind words, I do believe my relative is telling the truth. I do not look at all like my parents and I always felt something was just not right, I do not have any siblings, I was an only child and my parents were 36 and 46 when I arrived in 1972.
Who else could I test against? Would a great uncle do? he is all that is left living. thanks again so much. Lia
Hi Lia
Were your parents also Argentine or were they Americans? I am sorry you have to go through this. I always wanted a baby from Argentina and have been doing much research myself. But in Bs As you do have to fill out the certificate by hand or so I believe. So I would really check at first to see if I am really adopted. I am sure this must be so traumatic what you are going thru and I wish you all the best and pray that you get solace soon.
Love and Hugs
Trisha
hi, my parents were both born in Argentina and then became citizens of the usa in the 60's I was born 1972.
The family never talks about my mother being pregnant, I ask others and no one seems to remember her pregnant and then she flew back home to buenos Aires where her parents still lived and came back to the usa with a new baby. relatives say it was pretty strange and she was 36 at the time and my father 46 and I dont look like them at all. So, it looks like I have a family out there somewhere, and I always felt different as a child deep in the pit of my soul, but I always dismissed it, and now, there is something to it. I want to know so badly who I am and where I come from. Friends say, " your Lia and your parents loved you and let the rest go." I wish I could, but it just knaws at me.
thanks for caring, Lia
Advertisements
Hey
Have you tried to find out the hospital or place where ur birth certificate is from? I know u said its handwritten. But have u tried to track the doctor who wrote it? Maybe he can be of some help.
I hope u get through this chica.
I know how devastating it must be and I wish there was something that could be done to help!!!
Lots of love and hugs.
Keep me posted about the birth cert. and see if you can check the hospital where you were born. Are you planning to go to Bs As to find more?? You can send me email to trisha@nexusproduxions.com
Trisha
Hi I am argentinean and also find out I was adopted later in time . I would like to contact you and hopefullly we can help each other .-
I was illegally adopted from Argentina too. I am looking for an identical twin sister as well as some others. Could you be one of them? If you don't mind my asking, about how old are you?
Tamara:wings:
Hi
Maybe you can contact with Fundacion Adoptar. Fundacion adoptar is an organization in Argentina that helps adopted people from Argentina to find her/his biological origins. The web page is [url=http://www.adoptar.org.ar/]Fundación Adoptar -[/url]
Advertisements
I was illegally adopted from Argentina too. I am looking for an identical twin sister as well as some others. Could you be one of them? If you don't mind my asking, about how old are you?
Tamara:wings: