Advertisements
Advertisements
Thanks for your reply Sharon.
Actually, I think just the opposite as you do. I feel like every chance I get to talk about my adoption and subsequent placement is a chance to educate someone on the ups and downs of adoption.
I have never hid the fact that I am a birthmother. When someone asks me how many children I have, I tell him or her two, a son I parent, and a daughter I placed for adoption. I will admit, I have had the door slammed in my face once or twice, but generally, people seem draw in. They ask tons of questionsand in the end, I feel like that is one less person that will look at adoption like the stigmatic society that the general public thinks it is.
IŒve spent the last seven years being completely open and honest with everyone about my connection to the triad. I think its important. The only way peopleҒs opinions about adoption are going to change is with education.
Everyone has a varying opinion on adoption. I respect that, but I dont want someone judging me without knowing me. Since I made this post earlier today, I sat down and wrote the worker a letter. I doubt sheҒll care, or even read itbut I still wrote it. Maybe, sheŒll see the light, maybe she wont. At any rate, I am not in the closet when it comes to my birthmom status. I shouldnt have to be.