Advertisements
Advertisements
If anybody can tell me which is the best software for searching, please let me know. I have net detective already. Thank you.
From what I have seen and heard, there really is no good software out there. Most of the sources they pull from are so old, it wouldn't be very beneficial in the first place. Is NetDetective that way?
PM me and I will pass on some of my resources to you. Hope to hear from you soon.
jb
Advertisements
I bought netdetective as well and I thought it stunk and was a waste of money. There isn't any information that they give you that you cannot get online for free. They also tell you how to obtain certain information, but they do not provide it for you. In my case, I knew the names I was searching for, but was trying to verify that the addresses, phone numbers, etc. were for the "right" people and netdetective didn't help me one bit. I ended up just taking a chance with the information I got from whitepages.com
In my search, I considered buying Net Detective; I think those people know searchers are willing sometimes to try anything and they capitalize on that!! Too bad! I did use USSEARCH but just ended up with a "generic" list of names--not too helpful. The breakthrough for me was hooking up with a reliable and knowledgable "search angel" that had access to many databases that usually charge lots of money so that the majority of us don't want to put out that expense. I did use a vital records company membership that turned out to be worth the money and I bought a classmates membership. The total cost for my search with all the expenses was less than $200 and took less than 2 months with the internet, good info from adoption search books that I had read and the search angel's help. Just my situation; Good luck to you...B
I bought web detective and it sounds like net detective. Alot of their sites are out dated and any that you can connect with that are free or resonable, I could find myself. Good Luck to all of you that are searching.
Kris - F 7/4/64 Tampa FL