Advertisements
Advertisements
Thanks CC, but the description was of my girlfriend who is the adoptee. But if the description fits your bmom, maybe, possibly, in some far off-universe, your bmom and Melissa's bmom could be the same? Wouldn't that be a twist!?
Advertisements
I, like some of you, was born at Homestead on Dec 1, 1970...I dont know anything about my birth parents...I have found out that Homestead did burn...I have talked to Patricia Molina at the Office of Vital Statistics in Austin & she confirmed that it had burned but, some of the files were saved...Mine being one of them...However, you have to go through the court system to get them opened or pay $20 to register...I have yet to send in the paperwork to get registered...I wanted to respond because I found it very interesting that there are so many that were adopted from this place...
Hello there,
I have never been told that there were ANY files saved from Homestead.
I have petitioned the court and recieved all my info. and yet to know avail.
Who do we call? Where do we register?
Are you gonna get your records?
I will try for mine. Will they tell you if they have yours before you go through all the hassle of petitioning the courts again?
Thanks for your info.
This sheds a new light most of us have never heard...
still looking,
CeaCea
I had talked to Patricia a few years ago & she had told me that she had my file...However, I emailed her (Patricia.Molina@ tdh.state.tx.us) yesterday to get my non-id info and she emailed me back this morning telling me that ALL the records were destroyed and there was nothing available to me except the registry (ww.tdh.state.tx.us/bvs/car/car.htm) You have to print out the form & return with $30 to be put on the registry...I would like to get as much info as I can get on myself but, it seems that there is nothing to get except for my current birth certificate...I did register at TXcare and have had a couple of people email me that they have access to the birth registries & there is a possiblity that they may have already found me & my birth mother based on my date of birth but, i have to get my bc to make sure the numbers match...If they do, I already have my birth mother's name...so, if you havent signed up with them, you should...it is free & the people seem to help...
I too am a Homestead Adoptee born on 10/29/1968, however was born at Harris Methodist Hospital. Seems that Homestead used bith All Saints and Harris Hospitals.
You had asked about the location of Homestead, well just so happens that I have a letter from Homestead addressed to my parents. The letterhead states that they were located at 714 Dan Waggoner, Ft Worth , TX It also has the Board members name on it. Executive Director : T E Durham Ph D. Vice President J D Ballard General Counsel Mike E Powell Secretay Lucien Wright. I have attempted to locate any/all of these board members and only came up with nothing.
I did get bits and pieces of the same myth that you came up with. The pastor came into the Adoption Agency once day with no notice closed it down and after killing himself , his son took the records and burned them.
I too have had no luck. It seems that this adoption agency was infamous for changin birth dates 1-2 days either early or later, making it more difficult for families to be reunited. Seems cruel to me.
If anyone else has any information on Homestead or possible locator service to find birth parent that went through this agency, please email me. Any info would be appreciated...
Susan
Advertisements
Well this is the very first time I have searched for my b-mom, I saw this thread and somehow knew it was where I came from. I didnt have the paperwork, my a-mom does, so I went right over and looked at it. I have ADHD real bad and misplace stuff all the time, so I couldnt risk bringing it home and losing it. Shes currently making copies for me, and Ill fill in some holes with complete detail, once I have them here in front of me. But from what I just read, I can recall and give some info. much of which contradicts the info Ive read here that some of you have found out. Give me a few days and Ill lay out everything Ive got to you.
1st of all, Id like to point out that My homestead papers say I was born at ALL-SAINTS, however my current birth certificate says HARRIS. Supposedly, Im born September 30, 1970. I believe the true place was ALL-SAINTS.
The person posting from letterhead in 1968 has a different street and address than where they were in 1970. It was 5th street (number to come). Also, the Durham character was a Dr. PHD, retired, not a minister, my a-mom checked him out at the time, and the papers I have confirm this.
That same person gave the names of the council members of which there were 5 names in '68 mine show 3 the same and 2 different. I also have the attourny's name that worked for the agency, whom my a-parents used in the case, he became a judge here in Ft. Worth and I think he's alive still. I'll find out. I know that Dr. Parchman is dead. Also, I have the name of the records keeper lady from the agency.
As for the one who was born 1956 thats not sure he/she came from there but thinks so... According to the original Homestead brochure they handed out in '70 it was founded in 1958.
My a-mother said she took me back up to the building where they were loacated in '70, at age 6 mo. to show me off and thank them for good job at placement. They were closed that was in 1971. She adamently attest to the fact that she doesnt remember hearing about any fire. I would like to know how yall confirmed this. The library has every newspaper article from the Star-Telegram on a database of micro-fish film, and Im going to look into finding out if the article exists, and what it says.
The b-mom posted here, Robynne, was there when my b-mom was. Im hoping she remembers or knows the-then 15 yr. old girl that was 5'4" 115 lbs. brn hair blu eyes, Irish/Scottish/English decent. She may have seen me as a newborn, because my a-parents picked me up at the home on 5th st. at age of 8 days old.
The other adoptee posting here from December 1970 would also have a b-mom that was there with Robynne. (Robynne, I sent you a PM please contact me)
Anyway, now Im on a mission, and in a few days I'll provide every detail exact, as I find out the facts, and have the paperwork in front of me. According to the letters from the attourny at Homestead, that I just read, all the documents that may have burned are on file with Tarrant County Courthouse as well, is what I gathered from some of his wording, as well as documents signed by the b-moms family.
The adoption wasn't finalized till 6 months after taking me home, and up to then they had the chance to send me back to the Agency and exchange for another, if they didn't like me. How very fortunate I must be that that did not happen.
Thats all I can add for now, Ill be back with alot more in detail soon. I can say its been a very interesting first day of searching, and very very enlightening to a great many perspectives about this once I read all of your posts. Ill help anyway I can.
My e-mail is dsmartin454@hotmail.com and I welcome any additional info, or questions anyone may have that I might can research since Im here locally. I know that as many names of people I have on this paperwork that worked there, that they cannot all be dead yet. Somone knows something and we are going to find out trust me.
Attention Defecit Dissorder can make one get distracted easily when doing mundane things, it makes some simple tasks hard if not impossible to complete, but it also gives the ability to "hyper focus" on things that interest me, and once that gets hold of me I dont stop until theres nothing else to know about whatever it is. :cool:
HI All
I havent been getting the forum postings for some time now so I didnt see all of these till today.
Its great to see more people coming out that were Homestead babies.
Funny one person said that their Amended BC said Harris . My REAL BC says All Saints Hospital and my amended one says Harris. And my a- mom said I was born at Harris which was just another lie. I have my baby records from All Saints and I was born there..
It still after all these years amazes me all the lies from my parents. They have now passed and they took my identity with them to the grave.
Still looking for my mother or siblings.
If anyone has any new ways to search please share!!
Love you all!!
CeaCea
Anyone who can help, all my leads are gone,no one can find birth parent(S) name. Born 7-19-1964 # 142-64-122257, Thought last name was Huss, but no one can show this is true any help. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!Before they pass away!
I was born through the Homestead adoption agency in august of 1970. All I have is a stat sheet with just general information--no names. What would I need to get started with a search. Anyone who knows please reply.
Thanks.
Advertisements
My sister was adopted through Homestead on or around march 31, 1960. she has no information except that her background is french & possibly indian and that her mother might have been married at the time. If anyone knows how she might started with a search please reply.
Thanks.
how do you get a copy of your real birth certificate? Mine has my adopted parents name on it.
Thanks.
my name is Darsha lesley, I had a brother that was born at Homestead on Jan 2 1964. Just wondering if you heard anything more about the place. As far as I know everthing posted here is true. It is alot harder for me, as a sibling. I thought maybe my mom was there the same time your mom was, I am going to ask her and will reply asap
This is Darsha and I am searching for my adopted brother. I found out some new information. He was born at Homestead on Jan 2, 1965. My mom said that no one there was supposed to use their real names the whole time they were there. Her name was Paula Dixon and she had to go by Paully Dobbs. She said that they kept them pretty out of it during the births. She doesn't remember much. So if anyone comes across a match let me know. Thanks so much Darsha
Advertisements
I was a birthmother at Homestead from June through Novemeber 1970. While I was there we all went to All Saints Hospital. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Homestead I'll be glad to answer what I can remember.
Polly
I am a Homestead adoptee. Was born 10/20/70. Any information would be helpful. All my years of searching have been unsuccessful.