Advertisements
Advertisements
I would love to talk to any Homestead adoptees or birthmoms. I was there from June through November 1970. I found my birthdaughter in 1997. It had to be one of the top greatest experiences of my life. Please contact me on here or privately at pollyspeed@bellsouth.net
Polly
Advertisements
I was there when your birthmom was. I would love to get more details. Perhaps I can remember something about your birthmom. She gave birth around the same time I did. Please contact me pollyspeed@bellsouth.net
Sincerely,
Polly
I'm a Homestead birthmom. I was there from June 1970 until a week after my daughter's birth, around the first part of Novemeber 1970.
I would love to hear from any of you out there from Homestead. Maybe if we put some our heads together, we can piece some of the puzzle together and get y'all reunited with birthchildren/parents!!!
By the way, I found my daughter 10 years ago. It was truly an awesome experience.
Please let me hear from you guys
Polly
PS... my personal email is pollyspeed@bellsouth.net if you would prefer to write me privately.
pollyspeed
I was a birthmother at Homestead from June through Novemeber 1970. While I was there we all went to All Saints Hospital. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Homestead I'll be glad to answer what I can remember.
Polly
I am a Homestead birthmother and my daughter was born in Dec. 1967. I would like to have any information on this place. I cannot remember the exact day in December and have been told the hospital (I think All Saints) no longer has records available. Thank you
Hello, I just wanted to let you know about a new group that I started on line. I started it November 4, 2007. It is a support group for Homestead birthmothers and adoptees. The group has really bonded and there are members willing to help in your search and to support you in whatever way you need. There are 21 members now and we would love for you to become a part of us. Here is the link:
[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Homesteadadoption/]Homesteadadoption : Homestead Adoption Search and Reunion[/url]
If you know of any other Homesteaders, send them our way. There is strength in numbers!!!
Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you.
Polly
Advertisements
Please join our Homestead support group at Yahoo.
[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Homesteadadoption/]Homesteadadoption : Homestead Adoption Search and Reunion[/url]
We would love for you to be a part of us.
Thanks,
Polly
owner/moderator
pollyspeed
I was a birthmother at Homestead from June through Novemeber 1970. While I was there we all went to All Saints Hospital. If anyone has any questions about anything to do with Homestead I'll be glad to answer what I can remember.
Polly
Just saw this site. I am an adoptee from thru Homestead. My birthdate is 11-27-60. I just found out through Patricia Molina at the CAA that I was a twin, with my twin listed on my original BC as stillborn. She has identified my bmom thru an alias but obviously can't give me any info except that I was a twin. With all the things I'm reading about, what are the odds that we were actually separated after birth? I have heard agencies separated twins for various reasons. Can you respond?
HI ALL
Well Im back
I started this search years ago. Burnt out and Im trying again...
Im now 52 and still searching for my mom and siblings.I dunno.
Seems like everone finds theirs but me.
I have all my info and still nothing.
There is a Homestead yahoo group and that great. MAkes you feel you were connected with something..
Will be around more.
CeaCea
I am a Homestead Adoptee. I was born May 10, 1970. I was told that my records were destroyed and I was unsuccessful at getting the sealed records through the court. I would be interested in knowing my heritage, and my health risks. And I would like to thank my biological parents for not aborting me. I understand my mother was 16 and unmarried, and my father was 18 and in the military. I was fostered for 6 weeks before being placed in a wonderful family. My foster parents called me Anne. This is the only information I have.
Kimberlie
Advertisements
:wings:
Robynne
I was a birthmom at Homestead in Fort Worth, Texas. I entered the home in Sept. 1970. It was owned, if I remember right, by a retired minister and his wife. We went to school at the home which was located near where Harris Methodist is located now and close to Rosedale Street. I remember it as a 2 to 3 story red brick bldg. We all had chores, had to do our classwork and go to Dr. appointment, which was Dr. Parchman. I was so unhappy there because I didn't want to give him up but had no choices, or so I thought at the time. I gave birth on Feb. 21, 1971, and it was a difficult birth. I was really sick and all I remember was how mean one of the nurses was to me, or some of the things she said hurt me! I never saw him or held him and all I remember was that I cried all the time and still to this day, it affects me, even thought I have come to terms with what happened and I know it was the right thing to do I have since been married for 22 years and have two beautiful 13 year old twin boys. I have searched for as long as I can remember, but with no luck. I found out that the Ministers son burned all the records, but I will not give up and will always think of him until I am gone. I pray he is with a loving family and now has one of his own, but wish that he could hear it from me and meet his brothers. Now you know my story and I wish I could help you with your search....let me know.
Lost love in Texas.....
I found out that I was an adoptee of Homestead and my supposed birthday is March 1, 1971. I did some searching and found posts that said the birthdays were changed to make it harder to find the children. I saw your post today and was curious.... Could you be my mother? And if not, maybe you were in the home with her??? Any information would be helpful! My email is wileylastor1551@hughes.net Thank you for your time!
I was born on March 3, 1971 through homestead. I am looking for my birth mother and hope that someone can help me with the search.
I was a Homestead baby in November 1964. I hope someone can assist me in finding my birth parents.
I am looking for my birth parents, siblings, grand-parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, ... family. I was adopted through Homestead around May 10, 1970. My bmom was supposedly 16 and of English Irish descent. My bdad was supposedly 18 and in the military. Her name was probably Cunningham. My foster mom called me Anne. I have a letter from her to my amom. My adopted parents provided well for me but l have always felt like l didn't belong. I would like very much to know my heritage even if l never get to know my birth parents.
Advertisements