Advertisements
Advertisements
Yes, it is true! I have been officially "banned" from returning anything else at Target for a year! DH and I have bought so many things for Elia since we got our referral in January. Plus, we had 2 baby showers back in May. Then due to the Hague delay, she is coming home later than we first expected. Of course, along the way we kept having to return things which were too small or not needed anymore. It is really kind of funny if you look at it that way. Now, any time I need to return something at Target someone has to go with me and show their Drvier's License since I can't. DH goes with me sometimes. Although, I am sure he is about 2 returns away from being banned himself. LOL!
Another funny thing I wanted to share happened last night when DH and I went to eat dinner with just the two of us for a LONG time. We just installed Elia's car seat the other day. Well, I drove to work with it in my backseat for the 1st time yesterday. DH asked me how many times I turned around and looked at it while I drove to work. I started laughing hysterically at the resturaunt because it was so true. I must have looked in my backseat about 200 times between home, work, and back again. I guess I do have the "Adoption Obsessive Disorder" which someone mentioned on the chat the other night. Ha! Who else is with me? LOL! Enjoy you weekend!! Jenny
Advertisements
Are you kidding? Grammy (vreed) hit AOD (adoption obsessive disorder) a long time ago. However, here is a more recent example. The week that we got the call that we were out of PGN she went to work like any other day. She is also a school teacher. When she got to her classroom door, she tried to open it with the clicker for her car doors rather than the key. She said she was standing there in front of her door, holding the unlock clicker to her car just clicking away. I think we have all lost it at this point. Although, I don't think she is too close to being banned from Target. She may not be too far behind though. Ha! Jenny
Thanks, Jen, for this hysterical beginning of my day. I can truly attest, folks, to the banning. They got pretty agitated with both of us not too long ago over a return. We are all pretty much in the obsessive mode right now. To make things worse, Jenny's dad and I have just moved into a new house yesterday, so we are "over the edge" right now with everything going on.
We still continue to pray for each of you and your babies. They will come home!! Vicki
Jenny that is so funny and true! I think they should make new rules in stores for us adopting parents. When I traveled in May
I bought alot of 3-6 month size and did not leave all of them down there. So they were put back in the closet until I was traveling in October and I realized they were all too small for him.
Most places have a 60 or 90 day return policy, even with the tags
on and receipts. But I have to say when I start sobbing because I thought my son would be able to wear them but is not home yet , most people are sympathetic and let me at least exchange them! I am getting nervous though because I hit some great clearance sales last spring on winter clothes and have a ton of 12 month size. He needs to get home soon! Have a good weekend and have a great gotcha trip!
Jolene
Well Jenny, trying to stay gloriously positive here, I'll just say:
[FONT=century gothic]CONGRATULATIONS!!!!![/FONT]
Advertisements
it's a good thing you have a sense of humor!
i was planning to register with target but am thinking i won't!
which part of their return policy did you 'violate'? do they have a 60/90 day policy? are they like walmart and only allow so many returns in a 60 day period of time?
were you aware of this policy? did they have it posted somewhere? if they didn't then what they're doing is probably illegal -- i.e., truth in advertising.
i haven't bought too many store things yet (but have hit the garage sales!). most of the 3-6 month stuff i'm taking with me in december and leaving there! i hope it fits!
as a psychologist, i should point out that for those of you who do not meet the diagnostic criteria for Adoptive Obsessive Disorder (characterized by unnecessary checking of empty carseat), other diagnoses may be appropriate -- Pre-Adoption Stress Disorder (not PTSD, but PASD, characterized by extreme sensitivity and reactivity to any adoption-related topic), or Major Depressive Disorder - Adoption Type (symptoms remit upon a successful adoption), or Adjustment Reaction - Adoption Type (characterized by widely fluctuating moods) ;-)
Thanks for the laughs, Jenny! You and your mom sound a little like my crazy family. :D No offense! I have gone up to a car in a parking lot that is nowhere near the make, color, or size of ours and only after about 10 clicks of the keychain do I realize...well, you know!
I don't have any Target stories, but I do have a K-mart one. About a month ago we were in Kmart...dh, my 7 yo son and I. I went to the bathroom, came out and was browsing in the kids clothes alongside dh and ds. A woman near the dressing rooms kept looking at me, and I kept thinking, "Man what's her problem?" A minute later, she came and put her arm around me, and said very solemnly, "I believe you have some toilet tissue coming out of your pants." :o
Indeed I did. Out of my waistband (they were out of toilet seat covers, enough said). And that's not the end. Later, I was telling dd about it, and I reached into my back waistband as I can be a little dramatic, and...voila! Pulled out more toilet paper, LOL. Oops, I hadn't got it all the first time! DD is convinced I am really a nutcase as she witnesses these things over the years. :D
hi, not to crash your board, but I am laughing hard due to the banned from target title. We adopted our darling preemie daughter 4 months ago and registered at walmart in addition to babiesrsus and walmart has banned me too, they acted as if I was a criminal too, I have only returned 3 times in 4months and all baby items too big or too small but they don't care. So don't feel bad, I am banned too!! Best wished in bringing your baby home soon!
Advertisements
So far we have 1 banned from Target, 1 banned from K-Mart and 1 with toilet paper sticking out of her waitband. Any others?
*ROFLMAO* :D
Ok, I don't think I can compete with being banned from Target but here's a funny thing that happened yesterday. Thursday afternoon I did major Christmas shopping but never had a chance to unload the van without little eyes watching. Yesterday, DD (4 yo) and I went to put the groceries in the back of the van. You should have seen her eyes! I quickly slammed the door back down. A guy in a parked car was watching us. He yells out his window, "That was a big mistake." I still haven't stopped giggling about my stupidity. The good news is I've probed her for details and she only says she saw Christmas presents but doesn't name anything specific. Most were in bags so I don't think she saw much. I called my mom and told her I needed a few more lessons on how to be Santa!
Jenny,
HA!!! I laughed out loud reading about my "Adoption Obsessive Disorder" comment I made in chat the other night!!! I can't believe it stuck with everyone!!
Shoshana....love your disorders as well. Although I only have a minor in Psych...I can totally relate to your "professional opinion" relating to all your stress/traumas!! LOL!!! I think I have them all!!! How pathetic!
I just cracked up hearing about you being banned from Target. I had no idea that the stores really do this. I thought you were kidding!! Yikes!!
Luckily, we have a couple Target's and Walmart's around so we can split up any returns.
And we were all worried about being thrown in jail for crashing PGN??? Who knew that we'd become Target criminals!!!
Advertisements
Ya'll are just too funny. AOD is a true thing! I have had it since January!!! During the Hague mess, I sometimes got up about 3 a.m. to read the forums and then I went back to bed. My husband just couldn't believe it so I tried to hide it from him by sneaking a few minutes here and there when he was home, you might say a "closet AODer". Haha. I hope we all can become recovering AODers soon!!
One thing about Target (at least Super Target in the DFW area), is I think they only allow a certain number of returns without at a receipt. If you use your credit card to buy anything, they can always look up the item you are returning. Believe it or not, everything you buy on a CC is tracked in their data base and they can see exactly what you bought and when. They just swipe your card and voila, there it is. So, things bought with a Credit card no longer need a receipt for return AND you don't have to present your driver's license! I am the worst person about losing my receipts so this has been a true blessing.
So, if you use your credit card, you can make as many returns as you want. No questions asked. Just be sure to pay it off every month or you will have to pay all that interest!
The problem with getting a gift from someone, you have no receipt or credit card to swipe, so this does leave you stuck. I have always found that Babies R Us is great to deal with, with or without a receipt.
Lori
Mommy to Rachel and Sean
So that's whats wrong with me...PASD. I feel better that I know what it is.
Here is my addition to the toilet paper in the pants. Several years ago I had a toddler and was pregnant with my daughter. I had the worst morning sickness. One am I just barely made it to work. I walked in and my co-workers had great big dumb smiles on their faces. I looked down and I had my sweater and my maternity pants on inside out. Thank God I work with other moms. They just said I had a mild case of placenta brain.