Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally posted by Adopted1968
Thank you! Someday when I get all my info, I'll be back!
:D
Thanks again!
Yeah, you guys try contacting the cherokee.org! I emailed over a month ago and still haven't received a response. Its so frustrating!!!
Crysti
Advertisements
The agency is Edna Gladney. They said they didn't know what tribe. I have no idea if my birth grandfather has a card.
Would that be enough for Edna Gladney to open my records?
I have no clue what my birthmother's dad's name was, or hers.
Any ideas as to what to do. How much Indian do I have in me to be qualified.
Shirlus@charter.net
My DOB is 8/27/78 from the Edna Gladney Home, Fort Worth, Texas at the Duncan Memorial Hospital Tarrant Co, Tx.
6# 11 l/2ozs. ash blonde hair brown eyes.
My birthmother was 16 yrs. old, 5' 6" tall 130#, ash blonde hair, brown eyes, Baptist, 11th grade, B student, She wore glasses for nearsightedness, allergic to cough syrup, hospitalized at age 6.
She was right handed, loved dancing, tennis, plants arts and crafts. She wanted to return home and become either an interior decorator, or a secretary after highschool.
finalized March 8, 1979, Tarrant Co.,Tx. bu Judge Joe H. Edison, Jr.
The birth certificate no. is:142-78-155980
My adoptive parents are:Leo Lynn Bailey, Jr. and Shirley Marie Cooper Bailey.
Birthfather was 17 with blonde hair, brown eyes, 6' 2" tall weighing 185#, highschool, liked sports, motorcycles, and swimming. He had no prior children born to him.
Birthmother's mom 34, Dept. Store Buyer, Baptist.
Birthmother's father 36, Dept. Store Manager, Baptist.
Birthmother's sister was 15, Baptist and had some kind of kidney disorder.
Contact me at Shirlus@charter.net
hi if you know some information, i have the dawes rolls, i can look for you.
susan
ps. i am searching for twin daughters, born march 20 1979, anything sound familiar, please let me know.
Hi Susan!
I actually found my Birth Family YESTERDAY!!! So I am still learning about them...
I know the MGrandfathers name is iffy, he had a few... he is Louis/Levi/L. Atkins but not sure of DOB, I thought I had it but dont... lemme check on that....
Thanks!
Crysti
Susan Sharp
hi if you know some information, i have the dawes rolls, i can look for you.
susan
ps. i am searching for twin daughters, born march 20 1979, anything sound familiar, please let me know.
Hi again!
It was my BGrandmother that was Cherokee, her name was Johnnie / Johnnye Mildred Murphy (married: Atkins). Her DOB is: January 14, 1916 and she was born in Kemp TX.
I hope that does it, I'm crossing my fingers!! Thank you. :)
Crysti
Advertisements
Wow, ok. I didn't know that. I've been fighting an uphill battle with my adoption agency to get my records opened. Now if I can petition the courts with the ICWA, I might be able to get my info...ok. According to my non-id info, both my my parents were part Cherokee (didn't say how much or if they were recognized tribal members), my adoption was 1 year before the ICWA was passed.