Advertisements
Advertisements
Judge Kelly is the one that denied our application, but we were able to get my husbands original b/c. This gave us his birth name and then we were able to get his medical records from Deaconess Hospital. His b/m's date of birth and her FAMILIES ADDRESS was on his medical records (although she did use a fictitious name) and by going back through the old phone books we were able to find her families name. Therefore, we were able to get her name. In order to get YOUR medical records from Deaconess, you will have to know your birth name, which is why you need your original b/c. They will not let you have your b/m's medical records. Email me direct at traceythom@yahoo.com. Do you live in OKC?
Advertisements
Yes Tracy, I do live in OKC.
I do have my original birth certificate. It says Baby Girl Patrick. My birth mother signed the birth certificate, Kellie Patrick. But when I took this to the attorney, he said her name was an alias. Do you think the hospital would have her medical records listed under that name? I just dont where to go next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
So, should I go to Deaconess Hospital Medical Records Dept or to the Health Dept? or maybe both? I live in far NW OKC. I do have my original birth certificate. The name on it says Baby Girl Patrick & the birth mothers signature is Kellie Patrick. I just really want to start looking again. That show "Find My Family" just kills me! I cry every time I watch it. I have thought about applying. I really don't want to be on TV, but I would do just about anything to find my birth parents. Thank in advance for any help!
Shawndel
So, should I go to Deaconess Hospital Medical Records Dept or to the Health Dept? or maybe both? I live in far NW OKC. I do have my original birth certificate. The name on it says Baby Girl Patrick & the birth mothers signature is Kellie Patrick. I just really want to start looking again. That show "Find My Family" just kills me! I cry every time I watch it. I have thought about applying. I really don't want to be on TV, but I would do just about anything to find my birth parents. Thank in advance for any help!
Shawndel
I would call and ask for the "archive record department" or "old records". They will ask for your name and give them what your b/c says, and they may ask for your birth mothers name also. When were you born? Shawndel if you would like you can email me direct at: reillocd@gmail.com
When you receive YOUR medical records they will have some parts blacked out, and they will not give you your b/m's records.
Advertisements
I gave birth to a baby boy August 18,1975 at Deaconess Hospital. I was at Home of Reedeming Love from june til he was born. I was only 13 don't remember people i'm so sorry. So i can't help any one with remembering their moms. If you know she was there durning that time i can tell you things, i remember people like cae works ex. Mrs. Hollings Head stands out the most.She was the floor manager r something like that. My stay was pleasent but leaving my son was to this day the hardest an most painful thing i've ever done. My mom made me give him up with all her lies. I have been looking for him to this day with no luck.Please feel free to contact me.:flower: :coffee:
I lived in OKC and there is a Deaconess Hospital, they may have been affiliated with a home for orphans...not sure. Sounds like you have limited information. Obviously your birth mother was from Oklahoma..I would imagine.. Sorry, I don't have any other info.
I am looking for my brother that my mother gave up September 1969. I have the original adoption paper. I have case number and the date and time that it went into records. She gave him up at Deaconess Home. She was under an assumed name of Barbara Ray. She was listed as Living in Oklahoma City, but she didn't.
Can anyone tell me where to start? I am trying to find out how to find my brith sister. My mom had the baby at Deaconess and was in Deaconess home. She was under the name Faith Thompson while she was there. I know the birth weight and date, but that's it. Any help would be great.
T
Advertisements
Not sure of birthdate. I know Brenda (mother) was 8-9 months pregnant Easter 4-11-71 because I have a photo of her on that day. Brenda was killed in accident a while back and she has two other children she had after this and they would love to meet their sister. Grandparents are also still alive and father of baby is still alive too. I have all the information on these people and photos and letters too. So don't be afraid to contact me and ask me any questions if you think this might be you. 405.473.2670 is my number and goganltz@att.net email. My name is Phyllis:wings: :wings:
So if your moms where there at that time please contact me i don't know names but if they where there durning those months i knew them we all had to get to know each other i remember details counslers not friends names. Because we did become friends we had to we we're all kinda just left there by our mothers abandonded most of us.:grr:So we were all each other had.
I am looking for my niece that was born at deaconess in 1975, I believe in early February but could have been changed to January or March. My sister was 13 at the time and she was forced to give her baby up. The baby was biracial 1/2 white and 1/2 black. My sister's real name is Debbie Louise Sinclair. She had hazel eyes , brown hair and about 5'6. We had just moved to Oklahoma from Mississippi and was living in Bethany at the time. The father was also from Mississippi. I was really young, so I do not know much nor remember much. She has 1 1/2 younger brother and 1/2 younger sister, 3 aunts, 2 uncles , 3 nephews
2 nieces, great nieces and great Nephews that are hoping to find her.
Advertisements
Susan,
Just wondering if you are questioning the N.A. blood line? Is it you do not believe you look N.A. ? Just asking because my sister was forced to give her baby girl up when my parents sent her to the home . I don't know how long she was there before she had my niece but she was born the first part of Feb. 1975. My sister is white/N.A. and the father was African American. She was 13 at the time of birth and I believe the birth father was like 17 or so. We had just moved from mississippi to Bethany oklahoma around July 1974. I was only 7 ibthink so the only thing I remember was being mad at my big sister for never being home. I had no clue. I spoke with the Lady named Debbie from the home 10 or so years ago she did verify the month but said we had the year wrong. Looking back it was 1975 not 74 like we thought. She also said the name and or birth date were changed alot. If this sounds like you're case please reply. Theresa
I, too, was told in 1993 that both of my parents were native american - supposedly one was 1/2-3/4 and the other at least 1/4, so should be enough that I could get on the roll, right?
WRONG!! Both cherokee and choctaw tribes sent me letters saying that they could not find any names on their rolls...but I thought that it was extremely odd that they needed my adopted parents names in order to do this search.
I just seem to have this extremely odd feeling everytime I call the agency to try to get some info. See, my son was born with birth defects, and I've tried on more than one occassion to get more medical info on my birthparents, but everytime I call, they ask me for my adopted parents names. I'm 28 years old, but it seems like they still feel that they must ask my adopted parents' permission to do anything for me.
I'm also very suspicious since my birth certificate says caucasian when they tell me I'm supposed to be native american; I think that has something to do with the Indian Child Welfare Act (1967-1977). It seems like most of the babies adopted in the 60's and 70's were of native american descent.
I've also been told that I was in foster care for 30 days after my birth, but that they did that with all the babies - but I've talked to several adoptees born both before and after me, and they weren't "held" for 30 days!! But I wonder if maybe there might be a record of the foster care placement with Oklahoma Department of Human Services.
It just seems that the more I try to find answers, the more questions I find instead.
I've also found that the state is now sponsoring their own adoption registry. They have the info and I think the forms needed on the Oklahoma DHS website.
I sincerely hope that all of you find the info you're looking for, and will continue to post your happenings and info on your search.
Susan
1 Liked
 likes this.
I was also born at Deaconess Memorial Hospital, and my adoption was through House of redeeming love. i was born in July 1977 to what i was told was a 14 year old mother. If anyone knows of a young woman who gave birth to a boy in July 1977 and immediately gave him up for adoption, please reach out.