Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I'm a South African (living in Cape Town) and I would really like to adopt a Chinese baby girl but I don't know of any agencies in South Africa, let alone ones who facilitate international adoptions. I know some South African couples have adopted Russian babies, so there must be SA agencies facilitating international adoptions but I don't know where to begin to look. If anyonecould help me by pointing me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.:)
Sheri Shenker
Tel: +27 11 6406685
Fax: +27 11 640 6838
This is the number of a Jhb agency that deals in Eastern European adoptions, they may be able to help you. I think you will need to go through an American agent who deals with non-American families who want to adopt, this is pricey though.
Here is an American agency who may be able to assist you.
Lisa S. Collins
Executive Director
Believe in miracles, born from the heart!
Adopt An Angel International_
email: AdoptAnAngel@aol.com
Advertisements
Hi, my name is Lilac and I live in Durban. I too would like to adopt a Chinese baby or even Philiphino or Japanese and I stumbled across this website and your online message.
Please, if you managed to find out any information about adopting a Chinese baby, could you forward it to me. I've been trying for six months to find a white or half white baby to adopt but also don't know who to contact and I really would be happy to settle for a Chinese baby.
I'd be ever so grateful for any info or advice you could send me. Thank you and God Bless
Hi Lilac
Unfortunately don't know of any other adoption agencies other than the one I mentioned to Bokkie (the Sheri Shenker one).
Have a look at their website:
[Edited To Remove the URL to an agency or fee for service website.]
Good luck
Sdv
Hi there,
I am an United States based attorney, but I have a South African client that I am assisting with a Russian Adoption. The social worker that my client used is very keen to help others adoption internationally. Her web address is and her name is Marna Hanekom. While I do not have a program in China (I do Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine) I can help Marna find an agency that will work with you.
Good luck,
Jennifer Fields
Greenfield Legal Services
[Edited To Remove the URL to an agency or fee for service website.]
Advertisements
[Edited To Remove Agency discussion]
Please take a moment to review the announcement located at the top of each forum:
[URL=http://forums.adoption.com/announcement.php?s=&forumid=377]NEW POLICY TO BE EFFECTIVELY IMMEDIATELY[/URL
All agency specific discussions must be done in private. Discussing agency specific timelines processes, dossier preparation time, application process time, referral times and fees fall under this guideline.
Yikes, Lilac, if you are still following this thread, i would consider reading more about adoption issues and racism/cultural issues before you "settle" for a chinese baby. (Your term from your post, not mine...)
1 Liked
 likes this.
[font=Times New Roman]Jgreenfield mentioned working with children from Kazakhstan, so I hope my question isn't too far off topic for this thread... Anyhow, does anybody know if its legally possible for South Africans to adopt children from there?[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]I have been sponsoring a little girl from Kazakhstan for two years now; she'll be turning four in December. I have recently passed the minimum age requirement to file an application for adoption, but the agency she is listed with advised me that ғsince I am not a US citizen, they are unable to assist me with my application. It wasnԒt made clear whether US citizenship is simply one of the agencys requirements, or if only US citizens are allowed to adopt from Kazakhstan and IҒm having quite a bit of trouble shedding light on the matter. [/font]
[font=Times New Roman]If anyone out there has any knowledge of Kazakhstans adoption laws or knows of an agency in South Africa (preferably in Gauteng) that could help me, I would appreciate it immensely. [/font]