Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thread: just starting
Hi,
Sounds like we're all in about the same boat. We have had our initial home visit and are scheduled to start the MAPP classes in January (they don't do it Nov/Dec because of the holidays!). Frustrating to have to wait two more months since nothing but our initial paperwork could be submitted until the MAPP class. As far as getting ahold of the DSS.....call...call...and continue to call. I was finally lucky enough to have someone pick up the phone (on accident!) who told me about the introduction/welcome meeting. I was able to download the application from the state website and take it with me to the first meeting along with as much paperwork and documentation as I could get together. After that, they saw we were really excited and interested and we had our first home visit within a week. So now we just have to sit on our hand and wait. We have applied to foster/adopt with the ultimate ourcome being adoption. Those of you already in the MAPP class.....are you finding them very helpful? Just can't wait to get going!!