Advertisements
Advertisements
I am looking for a baby girl born in Ft. Worth at Edna Gladney in 1970. Mom was about 17 and Dad was 19.
My sister was adopted from Edna Gladney. Her birthday is April 21st, 1970. My name is Susan and her name is Anne. She asked me to help her search. She contacted Gladney and registered sometime between 1997 and 1999. She was told that her birth mother did not want contact and she was crushed. I don't think she has ever thought it would be possible to find out anything about her birth father. Her file says that he was 18 and that is about it. She has dark blond hair (almost brown) and green eyes and freckles. She might be a match. I will tell her to contact Gladney again and see if there is a letter for her from her Aunt.
Advertisements
Born June 1970 at Edna Gladney. Father 19 (black hair blue eyes, college student) and mother 19 (blonde hair, blue eyes high schol grad).
If this is your bc# then this is your parent
STEWART ANN E 19700125 142-70-12118-TARRANT
No that is not my number. I have access to the old birth books. I am listed under my adopted name in the birth books and birth index. Not giving up hope! Thanks for trying to cross-reference my name. I have done that for others too. Keep up the good work!
Advertisements
This is me!!! I was born January 25, 1970, and the number on my birth certificate is a match 142-70-012118. Is my search over?
I double checked the Tx Birth Book for you birthdate and certificate number. It is you! Child of Ann E. Stewart.
Congratulations!
Wow! Having a name for my birth mother gives me chills!! Thank you for double checking the Tx Birth Book. What do I do know? I am not familiar with the Tx Birth Book.
V Claire Milam
Thanks to everyone on this forum for helping me with my search. How amazing to know my birth mother's name after all these years.
I was adopted by a married couple who couldn't have children of their own and they later adopted my younger brother also from Edna Gladney. I always knew I was adopted and was ok with it. When I was about 12 I developed a genetic bone abnormality and my adoptive family requested information for both of us. It was a lovely folder with names, ages, interests of my birth parents and a bit more genetic history. When i was 28 I contacted Edna Gladney and visited there, saw the room where i was born which I guess doesn't exist anymore now that they are in a new center in Fort Worth. I did a direct search and my birth mother contacted Gladney right after my birthday. They gathered more information for me but said they hadn't encouraged her to contact me. Gladney is pretty weird about that. When I was 39 I went to a conference here in Austin and called Gladney again to see about my search "what is your problem?" they asked. A friend told me about this site, particulary this thread. i'm registered in the various registries.
I love and accept all the stages and parts of my life journey. Every bit of information that comes to the Light is a huge gift. I am blessed to be the mother of two children, a girl and a boy. My heart keeps opening to both of them and I am grateful for every day we are together.
I wish all of you the best on your search and your personal journey. I'm praying for loving encounters and healing relationships.
Love,
Claire
Advertisements
All especially Terrie and Geigs,
I went to vital records and have a copy of my birth certificate from my now unsealed file and the number of someone at the state to follow up with. Huge breakthroughs and my clues as to my true identity!
Love and Godspeed to all of you in your searches!
Claire
I am so happy for you. I am sure this is life changing for you. So glad I could be a part of your discovery.
Keep us all updated as you move forward with your search.
Be well,
Sherry
Thanks Everyone! I did unseal my birth record and another search angel helped me find current contact info for my birth mother. I briefly met her in November 2012 when she was in Austin. It was amazing. She has a lot to process and I am allowing that. She gave me the name of my birth father and I am still trying to find contact information for him (well to be totally honest I waited about six weeks and have been stop and start on that since then). I would love to meet him. I have his name, high school, and metropolitan area where he lives now. Can anyone help?
Claire
Advertisements
Sorry, I saw that we did connect already and you thanked me. Hope all is going well with your birth family.