Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Ron
Has anyone adopted at all from the Novokuznetsk/Kemerovo region. We are told we will be making our first trip by the middle of August and wanted to know if anyone is familiar with the area. I love reading about all your exciting experiences, my wife an I are on pins and needles wating for the phone call to say we are going, every time the phone rings we jump. We are adopting two little boys and can't wait to meet them but are also filled with some trepidation.
Originally Posted By michelle
We also are looking into adopting from Kemerovo. We are just waiting to make our decision on some children, a boy and a girl. We were told we would only have to make on trip to the orphanage.
I know it is August, have you found out when you are going? I am curious to see how everything goes for you.
Keep me posted. Best of luck to you and your wife.
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Ron
All our paper work has been filed, we are waiting to get the "invitation" from the orphanage. The latest news I have from our agency is that the facilitator we would work with in Russia is on vacation, and that is what is holding things up. Let me know if you find out any more info and I'll do the same.
Originally Posted By Nicole
We adopted our two children in Dec from that region. I was very impressed with the Orphanage staff and we had a wonderful time while in Russia. We stayed in an Apartment in Novokuznetsk and we had an overnight stay in Kemerovo. It was nice to have the time in each place. We ventured out on our own a couple times and had a great time. We found the people to be very helpful and nice.
We are hoping to go back sometime!
We were working with NAdia - who was wonderful and answered all are questions.
Originally Posted By Ron
Thanks for the reply it helps put my mind at ease a little. Can you tell what the trip from Moscow to Kemerovo was like?
Originally Posted By michelle
Have you gotten any word on your first trip? We are just waiting for a court date. We had to have our papers transferred from a different region, so most of our information is translated. Our agency says it should happen pretty quickly, I was afraid to ask what quickly meant; four weeks, two months. I know it won't be too long. How old are your two sons?
Advertisements
I am just getting more frustrated as times goes on, my agency worker tells me she thought for sure we'd be traveling in August, but so far nothing. We are waiting for the invitation from the orphanage, both kids were recently released from the databank so I am told the invitation should come any day. The two boys are both now 1 year old, one was born in June and the other in July.
Originally Posted By Ron
Michelle,
I'd like to hear as much about your process as possible since we will be visiting the same reason. Feel free to e-mail @ ron.michalski@eds.com