Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a resident in the state of Maryland and am interested in starting an adoption agency. I am not a lawyer; however I have adopted three children. Anyone with any information please provide information. I am eager to get started.
You would contact the local department of jobs and family services.
It took us 7 months after we even read the info and submitted the policies. We were not allowed to work in the field until approval, a social worker is on stafff, I am getting a PhD in Counseling and have one course left before sitting for the PC (Professional Counselor exam)
Prior to submission of policies, we had help writing them, had an atty. review them, and they still were not what the state was asking for!
It is not an easy thing, and now with the Hague they are tightening up. I have heard they may require a masters level person in a related field, among other requirements.
If you would like to talk more, contact me:
bonnie at caretoadopt@yahoo.com
Advertisements
I have started an Adoption Agency already with the full gamut of services.
People who are Adoptive Parents can legally help people in the Adoption process as Individuals. There is an Adoptive Mom who is doing this very successfully in Ukraine Adoptions! You have to Market though that you are not Licensed to do Home Studies.
To have a Agency you need to be Licensed for Foster Care/Adoption, or Domestic Adoption or International Adoption by your State Licensing Department of Social Services. In California it is an State Adoption Board!
The State Licensing regulations and there are tons more of them than just where the Masters of Social Work requirement comes in.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Let me know if you could start to help couples to adopt their dream.
tsamada
I am a resident in the state of Maryland and am interested in starting an adoption agency. I am not a lawyer; however I have adopted three children. Anyone with any information please provide information. I am eager to get started.
i am also starting an adoption agency and im getting little worried about the different fees. PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE...
:grouphug: Hello my name is alex i am 19 i was wondering how i would go oppen an adoption center but for babies who were suppose to be aported. I know that i would have to work really hard and convence people to not do abortion and would need shelter, food, help, money donations to help support the place and to help with medical things and even need education.. i just dont know where to start or how to get liscened and all that.. please someone help me! i really would love to see this dream come true!
Advertisements
:grouphug: Hello my name is alex i am 19 i was wondering how i would go oppen an adoption center but for babies who were suppose to be aported. I know that i would have to work really hard and convence people to not do abortion and would need shelter, food, help, money donations to help support the place and to help with medical things and even need education.. i just dont know where to start or how to get liscened and all that.. please someone help me! i really would love to see this dream come true!
Hi,
Im a resident in the District of Columbia. I would like to open an adoption agency in US. I would like to know if somebody have information about the process that involves opening one agency.
Best,
Andres
andres.boston@yahoo.com
--