Advertisements
Advertisements
HI,
this part of the forum, doesnt appear to be to active, so I hope I am not wasting time by posting, but when I saw this RAD (reading over the website now) I really believe that this is what my son has. That this is the key, and I hope its not to late for my son at age 18.... I hope I can find a local support group or therapist or someone to help us , I do not want to 'lose' my son.
dawn
Dawn,
I read your post on another thread today ad I feel your pain. I almost responded to that post, but as I am not a professional I hesitate to give advice. I do know that Dr. Keck in Ohio has had success with older children with RAD.
Get as much information as you can, and look for professionals in your area that work with attachment disorders.
Good Luck to you and your family,
Sincerely,
Saj
Advertisements
At 18, it's up to your child as to wether it's too late or not. He has to want his life to be different than it is and be willing to participate in the therapy to allow the healing. Keck would be my first recommendation, also.
Hi, its my first time here and not sure how it works.
My daughter is 13 and I think she has RAD....not sure, but reading a lot on it and she seems to fit. She was 2 when we adopted her and looking back I see some signs, but I guess she faked well. We are scared for her. She has been in "regular" therapy for a year now and we have not seen great improvement. My daughter loves to say she can manipulate us and others, etc. Its not really true,but she does try.
I understand how Dawn is feeling, I also worried about "loosing" my daughter....any ideas or suggestions how to help???
Thanks.
A
You might want to cross post this on the Special Needs board. It tends to get more traffic and there are quite a few parents of RAD kids there who hopefully can give you some suggestions.
Good luck!
Advertisements