Advertisements
Advertisements
Has anyone ever gotten their non id info from Francis Cady, was wondering if she told other adoptees that the birth mother used a fake name, She told me that, but some say she lied to me that the birth mom had to use her legit name, would love to hear anything about ohio childrens society and francis cady
Unfortunately, I began looking several months after she passed away. Her daughter became the keeper of the records and decided to have them destroyed. At least, this is what I was told. I was not able to get any information from her.
My only source of non-identifying adoption info. came from the agency. The info. had my birth mother's maiden last name on it.
Advertisements
I would like to know more information about the Francis Cady Adoption Agency. I was adopted through this agency 4/1/1969 and cant seem to find out any information about me or my birthright mother. Records, I have learned, are sealed. So I am reaching out for any type of information. Any information is appreciated.
Anna,
Your Sealed Records are the least of your problems. :( :(
You were one of those who was born during the years 1969-1975 when most of the birth records were missed off of the birth index that we all use.
The Records are not MISSING from The Office of Vital Statistics just from our index.
They are on Microfiche in Columbus and in order to access them for a search you will need to make an appointment with the Vital Stats [they give you 3 hours to search.....most need 2 appointments] and search for your birth name.
This is something you can do but its a very time consuming task....
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it is still do-able.
Also the non-id-info If you want I can send you a form letter and address for you to try to get some of the info needed...OK
Please email me if you want that form letter.
Blessings
Mackie
:D
Thanks for the input. My adoptive parents informed me that my name, Anna Yost, was mentioned in error on the part of the doctor. My adoptive parents wrote down the name immediately after it was blurted out. We inferred that I am possibly from the Yost family-a name that is very common in that region.
I have my birth certificate-would this help my cause at all?
I have answered your email you sent to me....we can see what you know and if you canavoid a trip to Columbus..OK?
Blessings
Mackie
Advertisements
I am just starting my search after many years of doing nothing and am not clear about the years that records are not available in Ohio? I thought I was born during this period, but maybe not? My birthdate is 6/5/67. I was adopted through the Ohio Childrens Society too. Is it true the records were destroyed? Any info about this would be a huge help!
Thanks
The years that are missing from our Birth Index are 1969, 71, 72, 74 and 75.
You are safe. If you were one of he babies handled by Frances Cady you will not get current non-id-info. Who knows what happened to the records. We have heard all sorts of stories. :hissy:
Blessings:loveyou:
Mackie
hililink
I am just starting my search after many years of doing nothing and am not clear about the years that records are not available in Ohio? I thought I was born during this period, but maybe not? My birthdate is 6/5/67. I was adopted through the Ohio Childrens Society too. Is it true the records were destroyed? Any info about this would be a huge help!
Thanks
I have no information that anyone ever got Frances Cady info from the state or any other place. :hissy:
All you can do is try. I pray you are fortunate in getting it from someone tho?
Blessings
Mackie:love:
hililink
Thanks for the info! So there is a chance I can find my record through the state?
Advertisements
Mackie
I have no information that anyone ever got Frances Cady info from the state or any other place. :hissy:
All you can do is try. I pray you are fortunate in getting it from someone tho?
Blessings
Mackie:love:
I spoke to frances Cady back in the late 70's she would not give me much info on my birth parents (other then what I already knew) but she did tell me to go to Vital Statistics and look at my orgininal birth certificate. I was born in 1956. I was permitted to view it and write things down from it, but not copy it. It didnt have much info, different birth date from the one on my amended certificate, father listed as unknown, but I took the information and ran with it, found my birthmom's records from her home town (Russelspoint) found her marriage record in 1962 searched it down found my birthmoms husband, who told me he knew nothing of me or the fact she had ever had a child. He directed me to my birthgrandparents in Fl. They confirmed everything to me, and my birthdate was actually correct on the original certificate. I met my half sister. My birthmother died in 1963 so I visited her grave. I was never able to learn of my birth father, those doors were closed. I asked Frances she told me that my birthparents were very much in love but too young to care for me. My grandparents in FL told me the same thing, but felt it was best to let sleeping dogs lie. so long story short I still search for that.
I was a 1965 Francis Cady baby and I too heard the story on the destroyed records. My adoptive parents went to the same church as them and do believe that story of the destroyed records.
I'd also heard through message boards that she would have people lie on their information but I found my bmom 2 years ago and the information that was on my bc was accurate. It is possible that not all were but can say with certainty that it was correct in my case.
REUNITE OF OHIO told me i was a cady adoption. I do not want to wait a year to get the info. Any cady adoptions in downtown columbus on adoption.com message me. My birth was 1967
REUNITE OF OHIO told me i was a cady adoption. I do not want to wait a year to get the info. Never heard of her. Any cady adoptions of downtown columbus on adoption.com semd me a message. My birth is 1967. What was the address of the agency. Where did the moms stay til the baby was born
Advertisements
michelebortel
REUNITE OF OHIO told me i was a cady adoption. I do not want to wait a year to get the info. Never heard of her. Any cady adoptions of downtown columbus on adoption.com semd me a message. My birth is 1967. What was the address of the agency. Where did the moms stay til the baby was born
I was a Cady adoption too, 1964. Not sure if this will work for you, but looked at the Ohio Birth Index for my birthday and looked at unwed mothers for that day, I got a list of 5 names, one was likely AA, another I was able to track the person down on the web, that left me with three names that I could be, working that now, if you ever submitted to the state for your record, they reject but they'll tell you the moms birth age and if there is a father on the certificate or not, on mine there is no father and the mother was 18, hope that helps...
I am trying to find my father. He was adopted through this agency. His birthday is 9/6/63. His adoption papers range from 8/5/63 to 12/9/63.
There might be more but that is all I have. I have names and signatures. Can anyone help?
I don’t follow these sites replies much so if anyone can reply to “Quicker37@gmail.com”.
My name is Andrew. Thank you.