Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Originally posted by valevictorian65
Hi, I have a few questions; what do you mean by the following:
A. If Catholic Charities maintains a registryӔ where you can submit the information about the birth, relinquishment and adoption information.
What is that... a registry? Do you mean ....For up to
date info on the birth parents and/or adoptee?...
B. If Catholic Charities provides a Waiver for Consent to Contact FormӔ for both parties.
Was that available in 1965?
C. If Catholic Charities provides a Confidential IntermediaryӔ search service to locate the birth relative that you are looking for.
I don't know what that term means? please explain.
Thank you for responding.
Contact the phone number I left in my message and see what services Catholic Charities will provide for you in your state of adoption. These services can vary within the same agency but different state laws.
A "Registry" and a "Waiver" process are when both parties, the adoptee and a birth relative, submit up-to-date contact information to Catholic Charities in case the other party is looking for them.
A "Confidential Intermediary" service is provided in some states that have a law providing for the agency, as an intermediary, to search for and locate either the adoptee or the birth relative upon request. The term confidential means that the agency will not share contact information unless both parties agree that this is what they want. A Confidential Intermediary search depends on "mutual consent". If an adoptee requests that Catholic Charities search for their birthmother in a state that allows this...the agency will locate and contact the birthmother. However, if the birthmother declines contact the agency will not give the adoptee any information with which to contact the birthmother themselves. The birthmother's information then would remain "confidential"...
All of these services need for BOTH parties to "register", file a "Waiver for Consent to Contact" or agree to contact with the other party.
Warmest regards,
The Search Guru