Advertisements
Advertisements
Welcome to the Search and Reunion Message Board:
For those people whose adoptions were facilitated by the Gladney Adoption Agnecy you might want to contact them to find out what post-adoption services are available to you through their agency. Contact the office in the city that processed the adoption paperwork. If you do not know the city location contact this office for inquiries:
Gladney Center for Adoption
6300 John Ryan Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76132-4122
817-922-6088
1-800-GLADNEY
For adoptees requesting non-identifying informationӔ about birth parents here are some questions that you might ask:
A. Ages of birth parents at the time of relinquishment
B. Marital status of birth parents
C. Other siblings born before the adoptee
D. Physical description of birth parents
E. Ethnicity of birth parents
F. Occupation of birth parents
G. Education of birth parents
H. Information about aunts, uncles and grandparents
I. Reason for relinquishment
For birth parents requesting non-identifying informationӔ about the adopting family:
A. Ages of adopting parents at the time of adoption
B. Other children in the adoptive family, biological and adopted
C. Physical description, ethnicity, occupations and education of adopting parents
D. Confirm date of birth of relinquished child
Some information from the Gladney website:
(QUOTE)
Voluntary Registry Services
We appreciate your interest in the Adoption Registry and are happy to provide you with the registry information.
Please be sure to read this page of important information about the registration process and specific legal requirements before proceeding to the Texas Voluntary Adoption Registry application.
Texas State Law changed in 1984 to allow the establishment of a registry system, which provides a means for contact between adoptees, age 18 or older, birth parents, and biological siblings in instances of mutual consent. Gladney Center for Adoption maintains its own Registry in accordance with Texas law, and a "match" through our Registry, which would allow contact, occurs when both an adult adoptee, age 18 or older, and birth parent(s) or siblings, age 18 or older, independently register.
Please be advised that in placing your name on the Texas Voluntary Adoption Registry, you are stating that you are ready to have direct contact with your counterpart, should that person(s) also place his/her name on the Registry.
We are providing The Texas Voluntary Adoption Registry application. The statute has some very specific requirements concerning the registration process. This is necessary to protect the privacy rights of birth parents, adoptees, biological siblings, and their families. This service is only available to those persons whose adoptions were facilitated through the Gladney Center for Adoption.
The following items are required when filing your application:
1. The registry application form must be completed by the registrant, and notarized.
2. The applicant also must provide proof of identity. The proof may be a copy of a driver's license or some other form of identification containing a photograph.
3. According to Texas State Law, adoptees may be matched with siblings without the birth parents' involvement.
4. To cover the cost of processing the application, the registrant must submit a non-refundable fee of $15.00.
As we are only able to process the original, notarized copy, please mail the completed application to:
Gladney Center for Adoption
6300 John Ryan Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76132-4122
In the event of a match through the Registry, a one (1) hour of counseling by a masters-level social worker or mental health professional with expertise in post-adoption counseling is preferable.
We will review each application as it is received to be sure that it is complete and that it meets the eligibility requirements. If it cannot be accepted, you will receive a letter from the Registry Administrator stating the reason.
(END OF QUOTE)
Other great websites to check out:
[url]http://www.adoptionchat.com[/url]
[url]http://www.adoption.com[/url]
[url]http://www.adopting.org[/url]
[url]http://registry.adoption.com/[/url]
1 Liked
 likes this.
My new E-mail address for Erin Elizabeth Bailey
born 8/27/78 at the Duncan Memorial Hospital
Fort Worth, Texas at the Edna Gladney Home
is Shirlus@charter.net
I am supposed to be registered with Edna Gladney. I have not heard anything from Gladney at all since I registered.
I hope it is not because I have changed my E-mail address.
The old address was lbailey@davlin.net. IT IS NOW:
Shirlus@charter.net
Erin Bailey
123 Toyah
Portland, Texas 78374
361-643-8455
Advertisements
Erin,
Make sure you stay in close contact with Gladney - I would email your caseworker or call every few weeks or months and ask them to check and see if any contact has been made. Sometimes both parties are registered and they don't notify the parties. So take responsibility and check with them.
I am a bmom that placed my daughter at Gladney in '78.
Good luck and take care.
n
Will Gladney send a confirmation letter after they receive the registration info?
Also, does anyone know if the Texas Voluntary Adoption Registry is different from Gladney's registry? They use the same forms so it is a little confusing
I think Gladney does send something confirming your registration. I kept in touch via email with my caseworker. Also, the volunteer registry is different. My birthdaughter actually had seen a posting for her several years before we connected. My sister had posted on the registry and Lizzy had found it. She had researched my sister and knew a lot about her as a result of that registry. However, I found her on my own and then she sent her info to Gladney so we were able to confirm without a doubt that it was a match.
Good luck and take care
n
Advertisements
nturner
Erin,
Make sure you stay in close contact with Gladney - I would email your caseworker or call every few weeks or months and ask them to check and see if any contact has been made. Sometimes both parties are registered and they don't notify the parties. So take responsibility and check with them.
I am a bmom that placed my daughter at Gladney in '78.
Good luck and take care.
n
You mean they don't always contact you if both people are on there??? I got on that registry years ago and haven't heard a thing. In fact, most of the times I've called there the person I got on the phone was rude and acted like it was a huge invasion of privacy that I even asked anything. I think they are getting another phone call tomorrow.
That is incorrect.
I know a number of Gladney Adoptee's who live in and have first mom's who also live in Texas.
However, Gladney placed nationwide and as there are 49 other states where a child could have gone, it would stand to reason that most of the children placed where placed outside of Texas.
Keep in mind if that gladney is not know to be the most honest of adoption agencies. for every good testimonial there are 100 disgruntled adoptees and birthparents that dont think the highest of gladney
Advertisements
I have stumbled across something VERY interesting! I put my name into the Gladney Registry (b-son born 1986) Gladney informed me via e-mail that he is not registered. However, doing a google search a few months later I put my current last name+Edna+Gladney and what do you know? Up popped the registry for this site along with my name AND my son's name!! So not only do I now know his name but does this mean he registered and Gladney told me he did not?!
what website did you find that information on? Interesting. I had a searcher who found my daughter in 2004 - it has been very healing to find my daughter
Were you in Garrison house in early 1978? If you were...we know each other. How did you find your daughter? My daughter is looking for the son I placed in April of 1978. I then came back to Garrison after my 6 weeks to finish high school...I was the only one there not pregnant. It was kinda funny being there and having already delivered.