Advertisements
Advertisements
I am an adult adoptee living in Waukesha Wisconsin. I am interested in connecting with other adoptees in my area. Does anyone know of any support or discussion groups for adult adoptees? If not, is there anyone out there who would be interested in a local discussion group? I find that the forum and chat rooms can be very helpful, but I would really like to connect with people closer to me geographically. If this sounds interesting to you, let me know! Thanks! Nencie :)
ICARE's Wisconsin Adoptee - Birth Family Registry has a message board specific for Wisconsin Adoptee/Birth Family topics. It is very active. [url]http://www.icareregistry.com[/url]
Advertisements
I wanted to let everyone know that there is an existing support group for adult adoptees in Wisconsin. The one I found is through Adotpion Resource Services in Milwaukee. The next meeting is in March. As soon as I have more information, I will post it.
You can contact them directly at 414-475-1246.
Nencie
:)
Attention Adult Adoptees!
Are you interested in gathering information on an adoption search?
Please join us for information, support and resources for adult adoptees who want to meet other adopted people and discuss search issues and resources.
Our Next Meeting will be held on:
Wednesday March 3, 7:00 - 8:00pm
For additional information and to rsvp, please call:
Adoption Resources of Wisconsin: 414-475-1246
or
Jim Cox at Catholic Charities: 414-771-2881
Group meetings will be held at the following location:
Adoption Resources of Wisconsin
6682 W. Greenfield Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53214
If you plan to attend, or just think that it is great to have a support group available, post a note to let us know what you think!
Thanks, Nencie
I AM INTERESTED. I RECEIVED MY NON-ID AND B-MOM RESPONDED. THE STATE MADE HER FILL OUT PAPERS AND SHE WANTS TO MEET. I AM TERRIFIED. PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOU GET MORE INFO. I LIVE IN RACINE AND I DONT KNOW THE AREA WELL. THANKS KIM.:cool:
Hi, I am an adult adoptee who has been searching for a support group in the Racine/Milwaukee area. Is there anymore info you could give me on this. Thank you.
Lynda
Advertisements
Hi, I am administrator of a facebook page, Adoptee Equal Rights Task Force Wisconsin. Please give the site a look-see.
I have a personal facebook page to adoption search & reunion under my name, Jack Nasep
nencie
I am an adult adoptee living in Waukesha Wisconsin. I am interested in connecting with other adoptees in my area. Does anyone know of any support or discussion groups for adult adoptees? If not, is there anyone out there who would be interested in a local discussion group? I find that the forum and chat rooms can be very helpful, but I would really like to connect with people closer to me geographically. If this sounds interesting to you, let me know! Thanks! Nencie :)
2013 is the year All Wisconsin Adoptees can speak out to Wisconsin State Legislators and ask them to change WI Stat. 48.433. If you want your original, unaltered birth certificate join a new Facebook page, Adoptee Equal Rights Task Force Wisconsin. This citizen volunteer group is leading the charge for All Wisconsin Adoptees. The Task Force is not asking for money, just your help in contacting all forms of media, social & Public, to get the message out.
Adoptee Equal Rights Task Force
nencie, I would like to invite you and all Wisconsin Adult Adoptees to support the new facebook page, Adoptee Equal Rights Task Force Wisconsin. It is a citizen volunteer task force dedicated to changing WI Stat 48.433 to provide an unrestricted access to their original, unaltered birth certificate. Please give the facebook page a look see. Jack Nasep, Administtrator.
Nencie, I am an adoption search volunteer/advisor, from Manitowoc, WI
I suggest that you start a Facebook page to Wisconsin Adoption Support, yourself. You will connect with many adoptees like yourself, and who want to exchange concerns.
Jack Nasep
Advertisements