Advertisements
Advertisements
Searching for birthfamily. I was born 2/22/65 at St. Vincent's in Philadelphia. Looking for anyone who may know someone who was there at this time. Adoption handled by Catholic Charities. Thank you.
Advertisements
I relinquished through St Vincents in Miami.. In 1965.
Have you gotten your non identifying info from St. Vincents in Philadelphia?
Maybe you can contact them and find out what to do to get that information..
Its information that belongs to you and it is a start in your search..
Good luck..
Jackie
Hi.
Thank you for the response. Yes, I did get non identifying information however it basically just said that my birthparents were in good health at time of my birth. I was told that there wasn't much information in the file. I left the representative at Catholic Charities know that I would like my information for medical reasons and they said that they could not provide any additional information. They also told me that if my birthparents do not sign a waiver with them then there is nothing that I can do.
Thanks again for your reply.
Holly
Holly
The St Vincent in Miami gave me a lot of information. About five or six pages.. They gave me the hospital record and good information on his adoptive parents.. (I was able to type up that info when my bson contacted me email)
My goodness that's wrong that they would not give you more info..
I did have to sign a waiver and send it to them notarized but that was for my actual address..
I hate that they are being so curt with you..
I remember when I started finding information I thought I did not have the right.. But I did have a right to the hospital records.
When I relinquished my son they gave me no paperwork..
I asked the agency for a copy of my paperwork (what I signed) and they just ignored my request..
Keep fighting..
Jackie
I was born at St. Vincent's Phila in 4/63. Back in 93 I paid for and received non-id at the time i wasn't prepared mentally and financially to go through with the search. years later I decided to go through w/ the search and had to go through the whole process of receiving non-id again, meeting w/ them and so forth. The second time i had a different social worker than the first time, and I received extra info. nothing that helped me find my bmom, but just stuff that was nice to know. Since then they closed the file and are no longer searching.
I suggest you make an appointment to hear your non-id again, they will probably waive the fee, since you already paid it. bring a list of questions with you. Somewhere on this site it lists what they have to give you as non-id. They kept very good records, as far as the medical records go "they were lost in a fire".Some caseworkers feel the need to be more secretive than others. Maybe you'll get someone who gives you more info. Best of luck to you.
Linda
Advertisements
Thank you for responding with the information. I truly appreciate the information and will definately look into this.
Thanks again.
Holly :)
Hi Holly Elaine, I was also born at St. vincents Hospital in Philadelphia Pa. on 5/23/1960 and also through catholic charities. My adoptive parents are deceased now. I would like to know how you got your identifying info,when catholic charities did not help and the hospital is gone from philly? Where do you turn,unless you have lots of money,and use aservice which I can not. What do I do now.
Hi Summer.
Actually, I have not received identifying information. I am having a difficult time getting non identifying information. Catholic Charities is very difficult to get any information from. I wish you lots of luck in your search.
Take Care,
Holly
To receive your non-id thru CSS in Philadelphia, you have to contact post adoption services. I can find all the phone #'s if you like. Anyway, they usually have you come in (to their city office) and you fill out papers and make sure that you are "stable", then they schedule another appointment with you for you to receive your info. The fee schedule was set at $75 for non-id, and i think an additional $150 for search and then $100 if they found the birth mother(this was in '93). If they find the person, and that person wishes contact w/ you they arrange a meeting w/ her and make sure she is "stable" and then they arrange a meeting at CSS.
You can decide to just receive your non-id and stop there or change your mind in a few years and continue w/ a search. That's what I did, so they had me go through all those meetings again and thru the non-id part again. Afterwards I was happy that I did that because I did get a little more info the 2nd time around. They told me my birth mother had given me a name, and they told me the name (I had to ask , of course). Do some research before you go, and find out exactly what info you are entitled to, if you don't ask they won't tell you. Good Luck.
Linda
Advertisements
Hi,
I recently found out my father had a child before me, he would be my older brother, born in 64 or 65, at St. Vincents home for unwed mothers. Read your info, wondering if there is any connection. Thanks!
Tracey Keffer
Traceykeffer@aol.com
Effective November 3, 2017 adoptees will have access to their original birth certificates in Pennsylvania. Birth parents have had the option to have their names redacted from the documents, but many will most likely not even know that option is available. It's at least worth a shot. Then you can check the adoption registries registry.adoption.com, ISRR.org, and also do testing through Ancestry DNA.
Hi Linda, have you taken a DNA test? I am looking for a relative who was born at St vincent's philly in April of 63, 64, 65 or 66.
I was born at St. Vincent's Phila in 4/63. Back in 93 I paid for and received non-id at the time i wasn't prepared mentally and financially to go through with the search. years later I decided to go through w/ the search and had to go through the whole process of receiving non-id again, meeting w/ them and so forth. The second time i had a different social worker than the first time, and I received extra info. nothing that helped me find my bmom, but just stuff that was nice to know. Since then they closed the file and are no longer searching.
I suggest you make an appointment to hear your non-id again, they will probably waive the fee, since you already paid it. bring a list of questions with you. Somewhere on this site it lists what they have to give you as non-id. They kept very good records, as far as the medical records go "they were lost in a fire".Some caseworkers feel the need to be more secretive than others. Maybe you'll get someone who gives you more info. Best of luck to you.
Linda
I sent you an email.
Hi,
I recently found out my father had a child before me, he would be my older brother, born in 64 or 65, at St. Vincents home for unwed mothers. Read your info, wondering if there is any connection. Thanks!
Tracey Keffer
Traceykeffer@aol.com
Advertisements