Advertisements
Advertisements
Birth Mother was in Faith Cottage Maternity Home before giving birth to me. I was born In Asheville, NC, but I'm not sure that is where Faith Cottage was. Can anyone help me with this?
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hi, I have a half sister that was born there in 1952. thats what is on her birth certificate. And it is suppose to be in asheville nc. I have been trying to find out imfo for her, she has been trying to find her father, his name is suppose to be william everet davis. he was suppose to have been with dorothy mae stuart, fromm wilmington,nc then. but it is or was in ashville. good luck in your search. if I find anything or if you find anything we can share with each other. my e-mail is ncdc72@aol.com good luck
Advertisements
That helps a lot. Now I know for sure where it was. If I come
across anything I'll be sure to let you know.
Good luck! Debbie
Hi Debbie your're welcome, I wish I had something more to add. But I have just started looking myself. Maybe we can find something. I read a message board the other night on some other board, and the person said they were there in 69 so It might still be there. I lived in thompsons orphanage in the 60's, and I could not find it anywhere until I read on another message board, and found out the new name. But you are the first that I have seen to even mention faith cottage. But I will still be looking
If I find anything I will let you know leigh
Hi Leigh! I just wanted to let you know that I found my birth mother's name. The girl that went to the courthouse for me said her moved lived in Asheville since 1950 and she didn't know about Faith Cottage. I was wondering that since my birth mother was supposed to be Baptist, it might be at Ridgecrest. If you don't know this is a Baptist retreat in Asheville? I think that I may petition the courts to have my adoption records opened. With all my health problems and my age, I understand that I have a good chance. I did get my "original Live Birth Certificate" and I have to say it was a great moment in my life. Even though I had some of the info in my Non-Id it was good to see. I told my mom and she is all for it. She always has been especially since I have been so sick. Isn't it funny, my adopted mom is 82 and my birth mom is 62? Let me know how you are doing with your search and if I can help in any way.
Debbie
Advertisements