Advertisements
Advertisements
Anyone know of a support group in the Maricopa County, or know what it would take to form a support group in Maricopa County?
I'd love to participate if there is a support group- or at least help to form one! Sorry I'm late on this thread!
Advertisements
I kept trying to write something clever, informative, interesting. But, the new policy of not talking negatively about SWs and agencies has left me completely speechless. I guess the ... system will never change with duct tape over our mouths. I wonder if this site is operated by SWs??
:rolleyes:
Originally posted by onedad
I kept trying to write something clever, informative, interesting. But, the new policy of not talking negatively about SWs and agencies has left me completely speechless. I guess the ... system will never change with duct tape over our mouths. I wonder if this site is operated by SWs??
:rolleyes:
Not sure onedad, but it sounds like you have some steam to vent! I'm here to listen if you like :)
JS--
You just started classes? Wow...
Can we talk off list? My email is saveallkids-adopt@yahoo.com. Talking online will only get you written up on your home study (no, I'm not kidding. Why do you think the groups on this site have so few messages??)
1Dad
1Dad- I tried to email you twice and both emails came back as undeliverable. (I double checked to make sure I had the right spelling, etc.) Feel free to private message me, or email me. My email is the same as my user name @aol.com
Advertisements
Have you found any kind of support group yet? I now have a ds that was placed with me in June and am desperate need of some kind of support group.
Anyone else know of a support group in Maricopa County?
Advertisements
I posted this in another thread because I'm not sure where others are reading these days :)
I finally found a form just for those in Arizona!
I'd like us to keep in touch, get together and be there for support.
We did our training classes last year. Got to the last class when we found out we had to be married for one year. Forget that we've been together for 7 and living together for 6 lol Well, our wedding was one week after our last training class, so here we are... waiting!
We're starting our home study soon.
How long does the home study take after you fill out the paper work?
Does anyone have a list of everything that needs to be done to a home to child proof it? We're doing foster -adopt and are looking to adopt a 2 year old girl and a 7 year old boy.
Any help would be great!
I live in Gilbert.
Anyone else in the sourounding area?
Anyone else at the same place in the process as us?
wow! Its been awhile since I've written! Here I am 5 years later! We've finally adopted! 5 kids! Wahoo!
Casie
Hi! I recently started a teen adoptee support group called Adopteens. In addition to providing a safe environment where adoptees can express themselves, ask questions, and share stories, we also fundraise and explore members' diverse heritages.
Check it out: [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adopteens/170269486340218]Adopteens | Facebook[/url]
KIDS-HELPING-KIDS.
(Based in Los Angeles, CA, but expanding nationally soon.)
-Mia Beinhorn (17 years old)