Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Wow KforKids! Given your experience I might say the same thing.
What a horrible ordeal for this child! Did this child have legal representation? Guardian Ad Litem? CASA? Sounds like a case where the system truly failed to seek the best interest of the child.
I would strongly recommend that you write everything down that has happened and send it to the director of your state agency and your state representative. Be detailed but keep it factual. Ask the question formally as to why ASFA did not apply to this situation. Request a response in writing as well.
It may not make a difference in the case of this child but it could very well make a difference for another. If changes are ever going to be made, folks such as yourself who have seen mistakes made first hand must be willing to step up and report it.
From your experience as a foster parent, what changes could and should have been made? Give suggestions or recommendations of how to make your system better and include those along with your letter.
I am so sorry for your pain and I can only imagine how you feel. It hurts also to know what this child has gone through. Experiences such as you have described are what give Child Welfare and Social Workers a bad name.
Take care and please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
T