Advertisements
Advertisements
I adopted my daughter (now 10) through Chosen Children agency in Florida
in 1994 (she was born in 1993). The agency was located in the West Palm Beach area. After trying to contact the agency about a year ago, then some searching on the internet, I learned the agency was closed. I don't know why they closed, but now I have no way of getting information from them about my daughter's birthparents (it was a closed adoption). I have been trying to "open" the adoptions of all my kids (even those "closed" by DHS when the parent's rights were terminated) because I believe it is important for my kids to have some connection with their birthparents, even if it is just letters sent through an intermediary. Wouldn't an agency that closed have to have stored their files somewhere accessible to all the adoptive parents and kids? But how can I find out where that is? Can anyone out there help me on this? I was in contact with a woman in Florida who said she would help me, but never heard back from her. Maybe there is a state agency in Florida that could help me?
Thanks!
sally
Advertisements
I feel for you in this dilemma, and your children who may one day yearn to know where they started from. All I can say is keep posting this question shamelessly ;-)...(or reposting in this thread to bring it back up). You may run into someone who knows something. They may know about the agency director (if she reopened somewhere else, under a different agency name...or legally what happens to these types of records when an agency closes. Then again, maybe you can post this question in the section for professionals. I hope you will learn something. Good Luck!
Love & Light, Tee
Advertisements
I'm not sure when they closed, or why... but they just lost a case, and were sued:
[url]http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/realestate/sfl-padopt201may20,0,1350155.story?coll=sfla-busrealestate-headlines[/url]
In one website, I saw them listed as:
[url="http://www.superchildren.org/"] Global Adoption Services, Inc. & Chosen Children Adoption Agency, Inc.[/url] - helps organize adoptions from China and Russia and provides an international photolisting of waiting children.
And, I would suggests looking into the Global Adoption Services, to see if they have the information of the records.
[url]http://www.adoptglobal.org/[/url]
I don't know where I found this info, but I was searching on the web and I found that people who were searching for closed agencies can look through their state adoption licensing agency. It may be that the agency has transferred it's caseload to another.
Good luck!
Advertisements
sallyshore..I just read someone posted they will be starting a Chosen Children Agency Facebook page so any parties involved with them can search without the backbreaking cost! Best wishes.
I adopted my daughter (now 10) through Chosen Children agency in Florida
in 1994 (she was born in 1993). The agency was located in the West Palm Beach area. After trying to contact the agency about a year ago, then some searching on the internet, I learned the agency was closed. I don't know why they closed, but now I have no way of getting information from them about my daughter's birthparents (it was a closed adoption). I have been trying to "open" the adoptions of all my kids (even those "closed" by DHS when the parent's rights were terminated) because I believe it is important for my kids to have some connection with their birthparents, even if it is just letters sent through an intermediary. Wouldn't an agency that closed have to have stored their files somewhere accessible to all the adoptive parents and kids? But how can I find out where that is? Can anyone out there help me on this? I was in contact with a woman in Florida who said she would help me, but never heard back from her. Maybe there is a state agency in Florida that could help me?
Thanks!
sally
Hi there I found some fishy things concerning this agency lots of money funds and possibly illegal adoptions or some other things please email me yellowbird30us@yahoo.com
I gave my daughter up in 1990 thru chosen children aka adoption services inc and adoptions with love.
They have really strange records on file with palm beach county. It was dissolved and I can't find any possible place to find the records for the partial open adoption. I changed my mind at the last minute and they said I could not and legally I can be taken to court and my child would be removed from me anyway. Dr Wagner delivered my baby at st Mary's hospital . All my medical records can't be found at all. I was told my child was illegally adopted thru this agency. My daughter is now 25.
If anyone has any info please email me yellowbird30us@yahoo.com
Thank you
That’s crazy! I’ve been looking for my sister and from the things I’ve heard my mom say and some other story’s, no way this place was on the up and up. Thank goodness for ancestry dna!!!
Advertisements