Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi - hope you can help.
I'm requesting information on international adoption from SA. I'm british living in Dubai and am currently undertaking pre-adoption and home study.
unfortunately, the service I'm going through does not facilitate the adoption - and the local adoption support group have no links to SA. I've not been able to find an agency/social worker approved in SA to facilitate the adoption... DO YOU KNOW OF ANY?
I also have a few more questions.....
1) How long does the process take... if I had the completed home study in my hand... how long does it take the other end... and what are the stages?
2) How long does a home study stay valid for in SA.. .ie.. I have heard that once the home study is dated some countries will not accept it over 6 month or a year later.... do you know the time frame for SA?
hope you can help with the above!
Many thanks
Matt
Advertisements
Hi Matt,
I share ypur frustrations - please read an earlier post by me as I've had endless trouble trying to adopt a baby from SA - I'm a South African, married to a Brit and also living in Dubai. It seems that the most uncomplicated international adoption procedure here in Dubai is with Vietnamese children. Good luck.
This might help. Please find below the contact information for South Africa. I have taken it on the following web site ([url]http://www.capegateway.gov.za/eng/directories/services/11575/174480[/url]) Although, if you live permanently in South Africa, you wold likely not be considered an inter-country adoption, still this might give you are starting point.
ARE INTER-COUNTRY ADOPTIONS POSSIBLE?
In the past, adoption by a non-citizen of a child born of a South African citizen in South Africa was possible only if the non-citizen qualified for naturalisation as a South African citizen. South African courts also had no power for adoptions of non-South African children by South Africans.
However, South Africa has now signed an international convention on inter-country adoptions. The Children's Rights Bill, likely to be passed in 2004, sets out the procedure for inter-country adoptions.
To legalise any inter-country adoptions it is important to liaise directly with the Registrar of Adoptions in Pretoria, as well as International Social Services (ISS) in South Africa.
Ms. Marike Bloem
Registrar of Adoptions, Department of Social Development
Private Bag X901, Pretoria, 0001
Tel: 012 312 7593
Fax. 012 323 3733
marikeb@socdev.gov.za
Mrs Francis Viviers
ISS
Tel: 012 312 7790.
Hi Matt
I read your message with interest as I am also in Dubai just starting out on the adoption road.
Out of interest, which service are you using in order to adopt?
I don't know anything about South AFrica but we're hoping to adopt from Palestine. Do you know anyone who has done?
Good luck with your adoption process.
Blinky
Hi Matt - I wondered how your search was going? I'm actually a journalist working for the Dubai women's magazine Viva. I'm writing a piece about adopting internationally and bringing the child in to Dubai. I've just started investigating. I'd love to hear how you're getting on.
Advertisements
Hi Matt and everybody else.
We are a Canadian couple in our 30's living in Dubai.
My wife and I are in a similar situation to you and really don't know where to start. Do you know how the Dubai governemnt or private Dubai adoption orgs assist non UAE nationals adopt non UAE nationals and assist with legal adoption and relocation to the UAE? Do you know who to contact?
My objective is to adopt a non UAE national child and have the legal adoption carried out between the childs home country and the UAE where the child would live with us. After the adoption I would seek citizenship from the Canadian Gov. Does anybody know if I can seperate these two aspects?
Any advise would be appreciated
sincerely
Matthew
1 Liked
 likes this.
Hey all,
Not sure if I can help as I don't know about living in Dubai, but we are Canadian's who have adopted from SA - twice! Let me know if I can help...
karyn
Hi I'm izzie.
I am a single mum and am looking to adopt a child from South America. I had everything organized found a lawyer etc. from Guatemala. When in December the law changed and it is no longer possible to adopt from that country.
I am trying to find an agency that deals with adoption from South America and that I can do so from Dubai.
If anyone can give any advise on where to find a good trustworthy agency, i would appreciate alot.
cheers
Hi I'm izzie.
I am a single mum and am looking to adopt a child from South America. I had everything organized found a lawyer etc. from Guatemala. When in December the law changed and it is no longer possible to adopt from that country.
I am trying to find an agency that deals with adoption from South America and that I can do so from Dubai.
If anyone can give any advise on where to find a good trustworthy agency, i would appreciate alot.
cheers
Advertisements
Hi All in the UAE,
We are a married British Couple living in Abu Dhabi, UAE, looking to adopt a baby from Russia, or similar. Does anyone know of any local agencies that will facilitate an international adoption? Or do we need to register with agency in Russia? Appreciate it if anyone could provide advice, however small, as we have found nothing of use on the internet.
Regards
Kerry and Shaun
Abu Dhabi, UAE
:thanks:
Hi All,
I am single Russian lady would like to adopt one boy from Russia- I saw his photo on Russian adoption site....
Several times I called to Russia in order to get at list some information about his status, but I per Russian law they cannot provide to me any information about this child because I am having my residency status in the UAE and not living in Russia permanently.
I want to ask the same question - Does anyone know of any local agencies that will facilitate an international adoption especially Russia?
To Kerry and Shaun:
You need to have a registration with an agency.
And you are right there is no information in Internet and even my telephone call to Russia did not clarify an anything.
I am lost .....it`s look like Russia dont want to give any child for adoption, even for russians have no idea what to do and where to go nextŅ.:(
Regards,
Victoria
Dubai, UAE
Hi all
My husband and I are really keen to adopt a baby from the Far East. We live in Dubai and can't find any information on how we'd go about initiating the process. Can anyone help point us in the right direction? I can't find any information online or through authorities here and there are no listings of international adoption agencies here.
Please help us!
Thanks so much
C&S
Australians living in dubai looking at adopting from russia or same.Cannot find any information on how,what where etc...If anyone has numbers or any information on where to go in Dubai or a contact Thank you Alison
Advertisements
hi I am an Australian living in Dubai looking to adopt from Russia??i was wondering if you found any informationon the process or agencies in Dubai...any help would be great thank you
Hi Matt,
Sorry I don't have any answers to your questions but were hoping you could answer some of ours. We are thinking of going to work in Dubai and were wondering how long a home study takes in Dubai and how much does it cost and what does it involve? We are both British citizens but living in Northern Ireland. Any information you can give us would be greatly appreciated. I guess this is in fact to anyone who might be able to answer the above questions.
Thanks again.
Mairead and Phil