Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know the answer to this question:
I was born in Missouri, but adopted in Kansas. Does that mean I have open access or would my original birth certificate still be closed because of Missouri law?
Thank you to anyone who can help!
mommy2three,
I was born is South Dakota, but my adoption was finalized in Kansas. I was able to recieve everything that the state of Kansas had on me...which was the actual Legal Adoption Decree.
I don't know about my original BC, I would think to obtain that, I would have to go back to where I was born...but I got enough information from the adoption decree that there was really no need for my original BC. The decree contained the names of both my birthparents, my birthname and so on.
Let me know if you have any questions
maddyboosmom
Advertisements
the adoption records should be in the state whgere your parents resided at the time of adoption thus you would open and search in kansas ...lucky you open records and all
Thank you for the responses.
I have a question for maddyboosmom.
What agency did you contact in KS to get the records and what kind of information did you need to provide them?
Thank you so much for your help!
I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel!
mommy2three,
You need to contact the court clerk in the county in which the adoption took place. When you reach the court clerk ask them to transfer you to post adoption services or family division.
There you will tell them what you are requesting, and they will mail you a form to fill out. You will not know much of what is on the form, but just fill out as much as you can.
You will mail it back, and in about a week or 2, you will have all of your information. The lady that I dealt with at the Logan County Court Clerks office was as sweet as she could be!
Let me know if you have any questions, or if you need any more help.
maddyboosmom
I was born in MO also and when I turned 18 I was able to access those files. Of course I still live here but I'm sure they will allow you to still see them if you know some facts about the adoption. They told me that the day I went to see them the next year they were going to get rid of them. But don't give up hope! I know you will get the info you need. By the way come into Jefferson City, MO to get the files at the Social Services Department off of Christy Drive. Good Luck!
Advertisements
we are searching for a female that was born in missouri not sure where the adoption took place but her name at birth was paulette marie lile she was born in 1971 if this looks familiar please contact me angellover70@aol.com
I gave a beautiful daughter up for adoption in Kansas, she was born in Missouri. Is your birthdate in 1979? Email me back, please.
I was born in Missouri but my adopted parents lived in Kansas. I didn't even think of looking in Kansas. Just maybe.....
Was chatting with a wonderful women on Facebook, and she explained to me that I could get a NON-ID from both Kansas and Missouri free of cost.
As we were chatting, she pointed out that because my adopted parents lived in Kansas, I could get my records from Kansas, which is an open state. Wow...looking forward to going to Topeka....finally have some hope.
Advertisements
mommy2three
Does anyone know the answer to this question:
I was born in Missouri, but adopted in Kansas. Does that mean I have open access or would my original birth certificate still be closed because of Missouri law?
Thank you to anyone who can help!
I just found out that I can get non-id in both KS and MO and the KS information should contain birth parent information. Thank a kind angel! Good Luck