Advertisements
Advertisements
Advertisements
A friend of a friend named her daughter Emma Grace, and I think it's so beatiful. I can't think of either name without the other anymore!
I named my daughter Kaileen , and had many compliments.
Its not very common and very pretty!
HAYDEN!! It's a family name, and also my confirmation name. I absolutely love it, for a boy or a girl. It's unique and just sounds really beautiful.
I saw someone suggested the name "Linley" - I think that is beautiful, too! Really different...what about using a family name? My long-term boyfriend's mom's maiden name (phew!) is Krewson, which would actually make a really unique first name. We've talked about baby names haha -- although there are no babies on the way, or in the works, not for a few years at least!
I like Hayden Krewson for a baby girl, Colin Robert (more family names) and Conor James. :D
Advertisements
Graicen Faith
or how about doing some family tree surching.
i went back to my great great great grand mother and the names i came up with were very helpful. :confused: :rolleyes: :)
I can't resist. I have to throw my favorite into the ring as well. Eleana Grace. I came across it on a baby name site once and really like it. The site had recorded pronounciations as well. It was pronounced Ill-lee-aw-nah. I have a short last name so unique four syllable first name for a girl is nice. I almost used it but I could't talk my dh into it.
Advertisements
We are foster parents of a 28 month old baby girl. We have had her since birth. Her grandfather (paternal bio) is reportedly from Louisiana and of the Creole/cajun background (Spanish/French). After 10 years of miscarriages and failed IVF and failed adoptions and ectopics, we always had names picked out. The boys we wavered on but the little girl's was always Isabella Grace. However, the birth mother named her another name that includes the biomom's first name as the child's middle and a first name that I can't stand. WHen we were first given this child straight from the hospital we were told her name was Kaila. SO that is what we and all my family started calling her. Well, 10 days later (after the birthfather decided he was the father) DCS called and said that they changed her name to this birthname she has now. Well, since this is a legal risk placement and we are just waiting on the tpr, we have continued to call her Kay Kay as a nickname. We only call her by the birthname for legal reasons. Even some of the documents have Kaila on them. Anyway, we had decided that if we got to adopt her we would rename her Isabella DIane (Diane after my mother in law) . Well noone in the family (mother, father etc) thought we should change Kayla. SO we decided on Kayla Diane. Then my sister in law had a baby girl and named her Isabel Diane. There went that idea. We have finally decided that "only by the GRACE of GOD" is this child in our life, so we have chosen Kayla Grace. I also love the middle name Grayson. I had tried to find a name that was of cajun/creole background as a thrid name, but have had no luck. ANy suggestions?
If we get blessed to be able to adopt another child (especially if this child is of hispanic or spnish heritage) I want to name her either Havana or Haven.
I also like Scotland and call her Scottie. I like Aspen but beleive it or not their is a child that lives in our small town that shares the same name (Aspen) as well as the same last name as we have. My son went to school with a child who had the exact same first and last name as my son. My son was constantly getting sent to the office for things the other child had done.
If we adopt a boy we will name him Landon Carter. this is a family name from ole Virginny . There are a set of twins that we were foster parents for for a very short time before they were returned to the mother. It's a good chance these children will be returned to DCS. If so, and we get them back and get to adopt, we want to name them either Ethan and Emma or Eva (AVA).
Another good name if the child is of hawian descent that I love is Leilani or Malia.
I've got alot of very "liberal" (hehehehe) friends and family who have really come up with some unusual names......not weird just uncommon, at least in my neck of the woods. Here they are ~~~
Layle (like mail with an L)
Keelie (key-lee)
Lesan (was a combo of her dad & mom's names Lee & Sandy)
Marleigh Sage (like Bob Marley)
Sydney
Kira (kee-rah)...a little less like the Lion King name
Adara (uh-dar-uh)( means star in latin ...I think it's latin anyway)
Jordan
Shelby....not really all that unusual but really cute w/ Grace
Kali or Cali ( like nickname for California)
Avery...yes for a girl.....It took a while to grow on us but now I love it!
Shilo (grew up with a girl born in TX)
Hynah (hen-uh)...was a variation on Hannah, a family name.
If my son would have been a girl his name would have been
Jenna Rayne, Maya Rayne or Victoria Rayne (like rain). Even thought of Tori as a nickname for Victoria. That way we could use a family name without having a baby with a very serious name (leave me alone ....I think Victoria is a lovely name OK!)
Last... I can't believe it but buff67 has a daughter with the same name as my neice......Kialeen...but with a couple letters rearranged. That is the 1st time in all of her 19 years I have ever heard of another Kialeen. We thought she was the only one!!!!! My neices' & sisters' middle name is Page, which I always thought was nice.
I was the only Elaine in my entire highschool which was kinda cool. Although that name is becoming more & more popular since Seinfeld! GREAT :)
Elaine26
I thought i would chime in. Our two boys (if they were girls) were to be named Soraya (Sariah) pronounced SA -rye-uh. It means beautiful. I still love this name.
Christa
Advertisements
Hello!
there are alot of really great name suggestions on here and I just thought I'd throw mine in too! My daughters name is Teigha (pronounced like Tia)
I just thought Tia Grace is cute. And you can spell it all kinds of ways!
Krista