Advertisements
Advertisements
I was living in San Antonio, Texas at Buckner Baptist Benevolences Home for Un-Wed Mothers. I attended school at Robert E. Lee High School. I gave birth to my son on January 16 and was sent back home to CONROE, TEXAS in February.
I am desperately seeking you son... I need to know that you are OK and that you had a good childhood... and more...
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
Advertisements
Have you tried contacting them? Carol Demuth is the head of Post adoption Services. You might try talking to her.
My grandparents lived near the one on the east side of Dallas. You may want to check there. Did you attend REL in San Antonio or in Tyler?
Sam
Advertisements
lambeausam
My grandparents lived near the one on the east side of Dallas. You may want to check there. Did you attend REL in San Antonio or in Tyler?
Sam
I attended Lee HS in San Antonio ...
I was at Buckner's Benevolences back in 1987. I wasn't there very long as a was 14 at the time and ran away from there. I was there sometime between January 1987 to April 1987. I would like to find some of the girls that were there the same time I was. If anyone was there during that time message me please!
Christi
It has been awhile since the original poster had been on this page, but I just wanted to say that I was adopted through Buckner back in the 70's. In 1999-2000 I was looking for my biological parents. Buckner was still in San Antonio but was going under "Buckner Children and Family Services". That is who I called back then to get information. (before internet searches were available to me)...anyways when I called they were able to send me the "non identifying" information for $75, but if I wanted a search started it would be $300. I got the non identifying information and I was lucky - on one of the 25 pages they forgot to white out/ black out her name. Once I had a name I went from there was eventually able to find my birth mother. A couple years later I found my birth father when my grandmother saw his name on classmates.com.
So anyways - yes, Buckner is still around and in 1999 they were able to get my records from 1974. I am sure if you called the phone number online they would be able to help.
I do have to say, my biological mom was told I was going to a family in Dallas, when I was actually adopted by a family right in San Antonio. Also, she said she had called the agency a few years later and left her information in case I tried to find her. They said they didn't have anything from her - so I am wondering if they actually didn't tell the birth parents the truth back then to keep everything a big secret.
Either way, my ending came out well. I talk to my birth mom at least a few times a year. Now my biological fathers family and I are VERY close. They live within a couple hours from me, so I go visit them at least 3-4 times a year.
Don't give up - and I am hoping since the poster hasn't been on this thread in awhile that she was able to find her son!
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
I was living in San Antonio, Texas at Buckner Baptist Benevolences Home for Un-Wed Mothers. I attended school at Robert E. Lee High School. I gave birth to my son on January 16 and was sent back home to CONROE, TEXAS in February.
I am desperately seeking you son... I need to know that you are OK and that you had a good childhood... and more...
What hospital does Buckner send us to when we lived their to have our baby?? do you remmebr
I am still looking for my BirthSon Born January 16, 1985.
San Antonio, Texas.
Adopted out thru Buckner Baptist Benevolences.