Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Your sister is a blessing. She could be there for you long after your mother has passed on. If you chase her off now by not being 100% supportive you may come to regret it later. Like when your mother is old and in need of elder care.
Don't become an obstacle to your sister and mother re-uniting. If you do, you will hurt your sister deeper than you can ever appreciate or imagine. Just let your mom and sister do their thing ... and bake them cookies while they are doing it.
Your sister may be a stranger now but she is your family. You need to open your heart and let her in. Don't stand in her way, whatever you do. It will only make a lot of people unhappy and may backfire on you in the long run.
You need to build your own relationship and friendship with your newly found sister. Once you are friends with your sister, everything else will fall into place. It may take several years, but you will get there.
Group therapy really helped me through a lot of my birth family reunion issues. You might give it a try, it can't hurt.
Look at it from a child's perspective ... more people to love you ... and more present for your Birthday!
I wish you much luck!!:cheer: