Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I have a sister that was also born there and I think you need to contact the Salvation Army in Topeka. It was also known as the Salvation Booth Memorial. The records were saved and sent to a Salvation Army Headquarters or something of that nature out of Ill. However I think that the birth parent has to contact them, then they send paperwork to be filled out by the bith parent and then it has to be sent back and then they will send any records they have or info. We are in this process now. You can also yahoo salvation booth memorial and pull up the web site marked booth memorial hospital and maternity home contact information. They have the contact info and some info to read. I think you or the birth parent needs to cantact Astrid Steinsland 1-847-294-2090 This is the Central Territory Headquarters for the Salvation Army 10 W Algonquin Rd Des Plaines, Il. 60016-6006. Sorry I have rambled on but I hope this helps you also on the web sit you can click on and check to see if they have registered saying they were born there and looking for there birth family. Click on bottom left for registry. Good Luck. Christina M