Advertisements
Advertisements
Please know that I am thinking of you, and thankful on this anniversary of the day you made the sacrifice of letting me have my life.
Thank you.
Advertisements
C_Amos - When I read your words it was like I was reading the thoughts of my very soul. I've read a lot of posts on this wonderful website and haven't really had the nerve to post something myself (though I have often thought about it) until now. I am too, an adoptee that hasn't met my bparents, nor do I really have a huge desire to do so, but if I ever did I would say some of your VERY same words. So to all the bMoms/parents out there please know that your decision was the right one and in your bchild's heart they know you made the biggest sacrifice of your life to let them go. You did the single most UN-SELFISH thing in this world and spared your feelings to give them life. I admire every single one of you. God bless and please keep the positive thoughts flowing...
Happy just to be alive...
Julia:dance:
Happy Mothers Day to all of the Birth mom's who visit here.
Thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for life. :love:
:thanks:
I thank my mom for carrying me. Momma I don't know where you are. You're in my thoughts all the time.
CAmos--just want to say to make it easy for your daughter to find you one day---include info in your file and update it regularly. Let it be known that you want contact but only when she is ready. The contact should never be forced. Let it be mutual. If your first try is rejection,take it in stride and keep the door open.
Advertisements
CAmos--just want to say to make it easy for your daughter to find you one day....
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] Thank you, but I do not have a daughter. I am a thankful adoptee, and this post is written to my birth mother.[/FONT]
C_Amos, thank you so much for a beautiful post. I'm a birthmother and I was overjoyed to be reunited with my son a number of years ago. It was wonderful to find out that he too had a wonderful life with loving parents. And he didn't judge me for my decision. You don't know how much stress and guilt that takes away from a birthmother!
Thank you so much for your post - I wish you the best of luck in finding your birthmother. :grouphug:
I too would like to thank you for that wonderful post. I am also an adoptee who is so thankful for the sacrifice made for me and I've tried to be a good steward of that sacrifice. I have just such a pleasant and wonderful life and I just adore my two young children and I just know that I would never have achieved what I have today without the sacrifice of the lady who carried me and for my mom and dad for doing the legwork of raising me. I too have no judgement against the woman who adopted me out. . . the circumstances of the adoption are inconsequential and I just really feel that I am able to look back over my life and marvel at the beautiful pattern that God had planned out for me and my family. Thank you C. for my life!!
Very nice thoughts.
Today is my birthday and we went to dinner and after there was a toast to me, I had a toast to my natural mother...all I said was " thanks for my life". Being she was a nurse lord knows what choice she could have made but chose life for me. God love her..she is gone now..has been 3 years.
Advertisements
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It was 40 years ago today, you gave me the greatest gift a human can give another... the gift of life.
THank you. :)
[/FONT]
C_Amos
I am thankful that you choose to give me my life, and I want you to know that I do not judge you, or your decision. I imagine that your handing me over to another was one of the hardest things you ever had to do.
Were you ever even allowed to hold me? I do not know.
.... I pray that if you read these words they might be a comfort to you.
......... I am content to live in the knowledge of who I am. I am the sum of the experiences I have lived, and the choices I have made.
Some are good, others not, but I can not regret them for I am them, and they are me.
I hope you do not regret your choice, for I do not.
Please know that the little one you gave life to, has lived it.
oh my goodness..... I cried as I read these words. I picked out the parts that hit me the hardest/best (quoted above). I am a birthmom, and although I may not be yours, I can assure you that she would be so proud of the depth of person who you demonstrate you are with these thoughtful, kind and heartfelt words... she would be so happy to know you. She would certainly NEVER regret her choice, and you must know that no matter the circumstance, she loved you and her decision was probably the hardest she had/has ever made.
We are all the sum of our experiences, and sometimes I think we spend a lifetime trying to figure out who we are through others, when we have always had all we need within ourselves.
I hope that someday your birthmother and you have that chance encounter.... and if not, I bet in her heart she will somehow feel at peace.
:love:
May all the the birth mothers of the world have a very merry Christmas. Thank you all for the gift of life, and allowing us to live it. :thanks:
Advertisements
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I think of you today, my birth mother. Thank you for giving me this life. I am truly thankful for it.....[/FONT]
I am a bmom reunited w/ my bdaughter since 04..we are doing great....she like you had a wonderful life,but now has me and my family as an added addtion...life is good...and your letter is just beautiful...just like your heart....Blessings to you,