Advertisements
Advertisements
A Very Happy Mothers Day to all of the Birth mom's who visit here. :flower:
Thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for life. :love:
:thanks: :clap: :thankyou: :D
Advertisements
So sweet Thank you..I had a great Mother's Day...our b-daughter was here w/ us for a few days.. God is awesome.::happydance: :happydance:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Thank you for the gift that culminated in my birth 42 years ago today.
This evening, I shall go down to the sea and I shall watch the sun set. This shall be your gift to me this year, the sunset that I never might have seen had you not made the choice you did.
Thank you, and blessings to you in this new year.
[/FONT]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Happy Easter mom,
I am serving as the interim pastor at our church now. I have been preaching since January.... most of what I do is about just teaching, and counseling.... helping people.
The life, the opportunity you have me to serve has not been wasted. Because of your sacrifice, I have a good life.
The Easter message I gave today gave people hope. I would not have been able to give it if you had not given me hope.
I hope you are well, and that you read this. I would like to meet you some day to thank you.
God bless you, and thank you mom.
[/FONT]
C_Amos
To whoever the brave woman was.....
Thank you.
I pray that you are well. I pray that you are comforted by the knowledge that your sacrifice has allowed me to grow up in a family that was able to support me.
I pray that you were able to go on and have a family of your own. I am thankful that you did not choose an easier way,
I know so little of you, or your world. I believe you were a student at Cal state and being pregnant in college with your life before you must have been a chore.
I am thankful that you choose to give me my life, and I want you to know that I do not judge you, or your decision. I imagine that your handing me over to another was one of the hardest things you ever had to do.
Were you ever even allowed to hold me? I do not know.
I do know that my mother (the one who adopted me) has loved me. Things have not always been easy, (as they are not for anyone) but she has loved me. You would have been pleased.
I pray that if you read these words they might be a comfort to you.
I have never sought you out, but have been content to respect your decision. My info is posted in a few places, in case you should have ever come to need to know.
I am content to live in the knowledge of who I am. I am the sum of the experiences I have lived, and the choices I have made.
Some are good, others not, but I can not regret them for I am them, and they are me.
I hope you do not regret your choice, for I do not.
Please know that the little one you gave life to, has lived it.
Thank you.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The passage I brought this morning was from Exodus 23.
I am humbled and amazed to read each week. This being mothers day, I wanted to hear from the Lord about this.. to recognize His design in the role of mothers.
In teaching through the chapter,
... then I came on verse 19... which includes;
.....You shall not boil a young goat in its motherӒs milk. Now I know that may not appear to make sense, or have any bearing on Mothers day... until you consider it. This is what leapt out to me;
The people would have understood this as a reference to the pagan offerings that were given, where a kid (baby goat) was literally boiled in itԒs own mothers milk and offered as a offering to their false gods. The cruelty that would kill the offspring of the goat and boil it in its mothers milk was an offense to one of the most sacred examples of love we have as humans҅. A mothers love for her child.
The representation of this was offensive enough to the Lord that He specifically forbid it.
The Lord makes a very strong force in the Love of a mother for her child only evil would delight in an offering that would be boiling of a kid in the milk that itŒs mother would nurture it with.
[URL="http://www.rzim.org/usa/usfv/tabid/436/articleid/9988/cbmoduleid/1452/default.aspx"]I also quoted from Ravi Zacharias[/URL][URL="http://www.rzim.org/usa/usfv/tabid/436/articleid/9988/cbmoduleid/1452/default.aspx"] book "The end of Reason"[/URL] where he cites an Indian proverb about a young man who kills his mother to win the affection of an unworthy bride. In the proverb, the man is carrying his mothers heart to his would-be bride and he stumbles... and hears his mothers voice asking if he has been hurt in the fall. (not doing justice to it here, worthy book to read though).
Ravi's point in the proverb is that the Love that is in a mother's heart goes beyond any force in nature... a mother that would sacrifice herself is not just explained in the desire to further the species... she could preserve her own life and simply have more children...
A mothers heart is a testimony to God's Love. Especially the Love that would place their childs
well being above their own. :hug:
Not sure if any of this is coming through in this post (glad I do not have to preach on the internet). :)
I hope something of this comes through to mothers here...
Happy Mothers day. :hug:
[/FONT]
Advertisements
If you happen to read this, let me make it clear that I would like the opportunity to thank you.
It is up to you, I respect your decision.
Just checking in.
Today was my 43rd birthday, just checking in to say thank you for my life.
I always wanted to thank my birth mother for giving me life. I didn't go in search of my real mother despite being adopted when I was born in 1967. I later met someone in a restaurant in the South of France and because they were Irish bravely for the first time asked them if they knew my mother who had an unusual surname and they did! Unfortunately i was too late. She died of breast cancer in 1988. I was to find out that she later became a successful model and fashion designer. As a result of her decision to give me away I have had a rewarding and sometimes difficult life. I have written a book about finding my mother called "Abandoned Love" on Amazon. The first pages are free on kindle. Rosie Houghton
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Happy mothers day!
A very happy mothers day to all the birth mothers reading this thread. I do not expect to be able to post on mothers day, so this is a little bit early this year. :D I hope someday to be able to share with my B-mom how thankful that I am that she gave me life, but am thankful to be able to share that with other birth mothers out there.
Thank You, and happy mothers day!:thanks:
[/FONT]
Advertisements
As a birthmom, I find it beautiful that you come back every year on your birthday and on mothers day. I think that your birthmom would be proud of you and very lucky to have a child like you.
C_Amos,
I too am an adoptee (a little older than you) who wanted to thank the girl who had given me life from the time I was 17 (her age when she had me) and I understood the courage that she had. And, I always knew in my heart that she needed to know the rest of the story - that I was loved, had a good life with a wonderful family, that she had made a good decision for me.
It took over 30 years from then when I found this website and registered. A year later, a friend of my bmom found me and we connected. I found out that I was right ... she did need to know. Saying those words to her in person was the most perfect day. We had an amazing 4 years together. Friends tell me that she was at peace for the first time in her life and she told others that her life was now perfect. It is just over a year ago that I lost her, this time for good. But I am so grateful that I got my wish to tell her how much I appreciated her.
She would never have searched for me, she didn't know how and she didn't feel worthwhile. This is an amazing string - that you come back year after year. My opinion only - Don't be afraid to search - even if all you get to do is say the words that you feel in your heart, it will be worth it. Sometimes the universe just works in your favor when your heart wish is strong.
Take care,
Jill
May the gratitude I feel in this moment some how reach you. You gave me a great gift, and I learn more and more each day what it means.
I am anchored on a boat in the US Virgin Islands tonight. I have played my flute in the moonlight, and my thoughts are filled with gratitude.
Peace and blessings to you,
C_Amos, I pray that your mother comes across your beautiful thread one day...and that you both are able to meet each other.
I want you to know how special your posts are to this birth mother's heart. I always feel so blessed when I read them. :loveyou:
Advertisements
I just came across this post and want to thank you. I am a birthmother in reunion and hope that my son feels the same as you do. You have warmed my soul.
Hello to my birthmother, and to all the other moms of the world.
This day once again finds me living the life you gave me.
I am a boat captain, And have spent the last 6 months sailing a boat from North Carolina down through the Bahamas and down to the Virgin Islands and back.
It is a beautiful morning on the Wacamaw river in South Carolina, the sun is shining and the Spanish Moss hanging from the trees looks like some kind of tinsel... Beautiful.
Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity. I do not know who you are, or if you will ever read these things.. But I am so very thankful for this opportunity. I am so thankful for the sacrifice you made to give me this life.
Peace and Joy to you on this special day. Thank you also to all the other moms out there who will read this.. :thanks:
Love,