Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Okay, I dont' know how many are out there, but...does anyone know how easy it is for handicapped people to adopt?
Here's the story. i was born legally blind, with 20/800 vision - so I can read way up clsoe, but can't drive. (That's about all I can't do, givenw hat else I've accomplished.) Because of this, though I've struggled with it, I haven't beebn able to build my law practice very well, and am still on Social Security Disability. (The vision and a wee bit of cerebral palsey, enough I'm not very muscular, but i get around walkign really well - keep me from doing manual tasks really well, though many of those jobs are leaving the area anyway :-( )
Nonetheless, I have always loved kids, work int he church's youth departments for 7 years now, and am on the board of directors of an independent youth ministry,a nd am interested in going one step further and actually adopting a child. Now, I know this is a few years away yet - I'm 34 and I pretty much thought about posting this to the over 40 crowd, too. But, I wonder, does anyone know of people like me, who have lots of compassion, love, and support to give a kid, who have aadopted? Or handicapped people in general who have?