Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thanks for the fast response, crick88. Good to know others have done it.
Anigel, that's one thing I've thought of, too, in fact I've listed my strengths and weaknesses in my head,a nd have realized I am best with an older child. I was, in fact, surprised when reading I found out "older" means 2 and in some cases one. i had thought older child meant Kindergarten and up.
Anyway, I agree, the limited income is the big thing, but I have my parents helping me. I think that income is the main reason i'm lookign at 2010 or so as a starting point, but it'll probably be before then. Have to get some loans paid off first, and who knows, something else might turn up. For all I know the Lord will call me to the mission field int he meantime.
I think my main line will be that my kid will be immersed in the '70s :-) I mean it, first Chrsitmas might be a 30YO board game :-) Seriously, though, I do have cousins and nephews who love my Intellivision gtame unit, but the main thing will be feeding and clothign and stuff anyway, and not that. But, even entertaiment is something to think about. If I had a reader that would be so much easier though, which is why I was thinking 5 and up. (Although I have changed a diaper, even cleaning them before htye are able might be a challenge.) And it will probably look a lot better to a caseworker in a few years when i can discuss my strengths and weaknesses quite easily right away, anyway.
About blindness, though, I use our local rapid transit, the curb-to-curb buses, and I guess that was even a concern to me. i can get to airports and around fine, but I guess I was wondering about interstate, etc.. However, the wait list will probably be much shorter if I say I am looking to adopt age 5 and up or so. Or maybe 4, I guess they're pretty independent in lots of things. It would all depend.