Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thanks for the encouragement - I thought I'd posted something here before. I'm sorry to resurrect such an old thread.
Anyway, I'm glad this is here becasue I don't know if my attempt to start a thread worked earlier. I just got a packet of info from the local county agency. I was a little disconcerted by some of the worries others expressed in one thread about attachment issues, because though I have incredible patience and love and try to be very encouraging, I guess I wonder if a kid would be taking advantage of my handicap a lot. Although they would probably try to place a kid with me who would be easier to handle only becasue they would know it can't be one that's too disruptive. (There was a great list as far as questions to ask, one being how many other homes have they been in, why left, etc.)
I'm still paying off one last loan, but thigns are looking up anyway.
I wonder, though; I told the woman at the agency when i did my initial phone interview before getting the packet that I'd prefer ages 4-14, I won't if I should have said younger. I probably *could* handle younger, I jsut worry about reacting in time if they go to put something int heir mouth...ear...nose... :-)