Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, Igave birth to a beautiful little girl on April 21, 1985. She was born at St. Therese Hospital in Waukegan, Il.. I was in what they called the Staffer Program. I named my baby Sarah Elizabeth. Sarah was adopted through the Cradle Society. If Sarah is looking for me I would be very happy to hear from her.
Aurelia
Hi, Igave birth to a beautiful little girl on April 21, 1985. She was born at St. Therese Hospital in Waukegan, Il.. I was in what they called the Staffer Program. I named my baby Sarah Elizabeth. Sarah was adopted through the Cradle Society. If Sarah is looking for me I would be very happy to hear from her.
Aurelia, I was in the Adoption program St. Therese Hospital in 1975/1976 & also went thru the Cradle. If you want to proceed with possible re-connection with your daughter, call the Cradle & they will send you LOTS of p/w to fill out to get the ball rolling. I 've re-connected with my son (now 38 yrs old) It's been challenging......there will be issues. Remember that we are strangers to them. They HAVE parents that they know as their parents. Just take it slow, start out e-mailing (that's the best).
Janine
Advertisements
Dear Aurelia,
I hope you have followed the advice of JF.
I, too, was in the Staffe/r program in 1975 (gave birth Nov that year) and I didn't even know they had post adoption services. I was glad my birthson went through that so my identity was protected (I had a private adoption but through the Cradle). He came looking for me and we were joyfully reunited in 2003.
What I'm trying to find out is whatever happened to Sr. Mary Magdalen DePazzi? She was the director of the program when I was there. Also I'd like to find anyone else who was there at that time. I only remember 3 or 4 names. I presume "Sister De" has gone to her heavenly reward by now. She was probably around 60 or so in 1975. St. Therese Hospital no longer exists. I've only been able to find one article on the program.
Maybe I'll start a facebook page for former Staffe/r women. Sister De helped SO many women and their babies!
If by chance and God's grace any other former Staffer sees this, plz write to me at: mwquacker@charter.net
Last update on April 16, 3:03 pm by Mimi_D_W.