Advertisements
Advertisements
bernie1969
male born 2/13/1969 ohio looking for birth mother or family. please help I was told my mother wanted me back but it was too late. I did have to wear special shoes as a child but that was corrected. Brown hair blue eyes.
Bernie, I know that a year may sound like forever but the good news is that Ohio adoption reunion laws were just changed>>> The reason for the wait till March 2015 is that birth parents will be given the opportunity to file for you NOT to have their names . If they do file, they must update medical. We don't expect many to file>>New Law on Adoptions Finalized Between 1-1-1964 9-18-1996 Starting 3-20-2015, adult adoptees adopted in the relevant years may submit an application to ODH for a copy of their adoption file. The requesting adoptee must be at least 18 years old. The adult lineal descendants of the adoptee may also submit an application for a copy of the adoption file. An adoption file usually contains the original birth certificate and a court order decree of the adoption. It may also include biological parent release forms and/or biological sibling release forms that were submitted to ODH before 3-20-2014. The biological parent and/or sibling release forms are not required before the adoption file can be opened. ODH cannot add other types of correspondence, such as letters or photos, to the sealed adoption file. Any additional materials will be returned to the sender. Requests for a copy of the sealed adoption file may not be submitted until 3-20-2015.
Advertisements
Bernie, I know that a year may sound like forever but the good news is that Ohio adoption reunion laws were just changed>>> The reason for the wait till March 2015 is that birth parents will be given the opportunity to file for you NOT to have their names . If they do file, they must update medical. We don't expect many to file>>New Law on Adoptions Finalized Between 1-1-1964 9-18-1996 Starting 3-20-2015, adult adoptees adopted in the relevant years may submit an application to ODH for a copy of their adoption file. The requesting adoptee must be at least 18 years old. The adult lineal descendants of the adoptee may also submit an application for a copy of the adoption file. An adoption file usually contains the original birth certificate and a court order decree of the adoption. It may also include biological parent release forms and/or biological sibling release forms that were submitted to ODH before 3-20-2014. The biological parent and/or sibling release forms are not required before the adoption file can be opened. ODH cannot add other types of correspondence, such as letters or photos, to the sealed adoption file. Any additional materials will be returned to the sender. Requests for a copy of the sealed adoption file may not be submitted until 3-20-2015.
So happy for Ohio adoptees and Birthparents!
Any chance laws will change in Colorado?
Rowan
Hi Help me
I am a birth mother. Hoping to one day hear news of my son born in 1981 in Great Britain.
Thank you for making this thread. I hope some more birth parents post in it.
R
Rowan, When and where was your son born? I live in Scotland and because I am also a birth mother people lots of times talk to me about their adoption
Rowan
Hi Help me
I am a birth mother. Hoping to one day hear news of my son born in 1981 in Great Britain.
Thank you for making this thread. I hope some more birth parents post in it.
R
Hi Rowan, When and where was your son born. I live in Scotland and because I'm a birth mother people often talk to me about their adoption
Advertisements
Looking for biological brother - our birth mother passed away. You were born in Tulsa, OK around Feb 1986 but I don't have an exact birth date. Your birth mother is Christy Evitt (Dake).
Thanks! My birth son was born at the Regional Medical Center in Memphis,TN! I went through Porter-Leath. I never took him home with me because I knew I would've never gave him up.
Beth
Baby Girl Sebastian
DOB ~ 5.27.1965
Hospital: Mercy Hospital, Toledo Ohio
Just got copy of original birth certificate when the State of Ohio unsealed the records.
Very excited and would love to meet and get to know her.
Advertisements