Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
It's been a while since I've gone to a baby shower and since my two sons have been babies ... so I'm wondering what's the latest in terms of gifts for babies ...
And if you're a new mom, what have you received that has been fantastic, useful and/or fun?
thanks!
NancyNic
Well, I'm sure it's not the most exciting gift anyone's ever received, but these are the books every child should have:
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Goodnight, Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig
There are many, many more wonderful books out there that should also be in a child's library, but these five are classics that have stood the test of time.
Xanny
Advertisements
Hi,
thanks for your list of favorite books
books are wonderful gifts
may I add
Alexander's Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day !
NancyNic
A friend of mine just had a shower and I packed a fold up toy box ( one of those nylon cheap ones... i used it like a gift bag) With diapers, diaper cream, bibs, onesie, and a bunch of other little needed items.
She was very happy with it and people actually said I had the most creative gift.
When talking to mom's to be I've always heard that the little needed items are always good gifts.
Now that we are adopting... I see what they mean!!!!!
[FONT=Century Gothic]I have a friend who makes diaper "cakes" as shower gifts. She attaches other gifts to the diapers this way they have more then just diapers.[/FONT]
As a first time mom, I found these invaluable:
[LIST]
[*]onesies of all sizes
[*]bottle drying rack
[*]feeding items (cups, bowls w/ lids, spoons and bottles)
[*]some of the bigger items (bought by groups of people): changing table, high chair, swing, bouncy seat
[*]books
[*]a few toys
[*]LOVED getting clothes! We had to buy almost nothing until he was 9 months old
[*]Scrapbook/photo album supplies
[*]infant baby toys
[*]formula carrier (to carry 3 bottles' worth at a time in a diaper bag)
[/LIST]I got way too much bath stuff (lotions/washes) and have not been able to use much on my baby's sensitive skin. I also got too many blankets.
Advertisements
I love the Sandra Boynton board books. Also, look at clothes for a few months out. I, too, got too many lotions, etc. But could have used more hooded towels and wash cloths. Could have used more full size lap pads as well.
I found a really cool baby shower gift online. They are knitting kits with gorgeous designs see [url=http://www.kokobino.com]Kokobino[/url]
I used a promotional code (NS0107) I found in an ad to get an added 15% discount on my purchase.
I made this Diaper Cake for my Niece,,and added all sorts of Baby Items,, It was a bit hit at the Shower!! And it was Fun to Make!:banana:
wow the pic looks amazing..u must have sppent a lot of time preparing it too..:laundry:
Advertisements