Advertisements
Advertisements
We will be adopting a baby in July and our 1st son will turn 3 next month. I have a travel system that I used for my 1st son and still use the stroller portion of it. My question is: should I buy a whole new travel system with a double stroller so that both of the kids can ride at once or should I try to find one that my old infant carrier will fit onto? I know it would make more sense to use the old one but it seems that they don't make that specific one any longer and I didn't know if my carrier would fit on other strollers. Also it seems that most of them only go to 40 lbs and my son weighs about 33 now. Would it even be worth it?
I know that they make the ones where he could stand or sit on some sort pf platform but they just won;t be comfortable for my oldest should he want to nap or ride for a long time.
I never imagined that I would ever have a double stroller issue!
Advertisements
I would get a double jogging stroller instead, they allow an older child to go in them, and are wonderful. You can walk, jog, rollerblade etc and you can use it from the parks, to the mall.
I am not a big fan of using a carseat that is three years old, they say you should only use a carseat for five years before getting a new one, britax and some others have a ten year date on there seats.
I would get a new newborn carseat, and one of those click and goes for 35.00 at babies r us and use that your first few months, it is so light weight, you can even find ones for a little more that have a seat for the older child to sit on.
Many of my friends have found that graco newborn carseats get outgrown very fast and for 40.00 more could have gotten the peg perego seat so really look into it! Graco also has many recalls. But also remember that if you keep your items in good condition with orginal boxes you can resell on ebay and get some of your money back:)
Hope I was helpful.
Summer
I like the babytrend sit n' stand stroller. You can put your older son in the back on a step with a buckle and then put your other child in an infant car seat in the front or just in the regular stroller seat. Hope this helped- Dayva
My husband and I are pretty experienced in the stroller purchasing industry because it took us a while to find one we really liked. We tried buying a couple in stores and weren't happy. We found this website called squidoo and we loved how we had a bunch of different options, running strollers or basic strollers.
Last update on April 5, 8:08 am by Sachin Gupta.
I bought a " normal" double stroller from walmart.com
My stad was just a little baby last year so I loved the idea of her being able to lay down flat while my so was sitting in the front.
If you want to know which brand I got let me know and I go outside and get the name off it :)
It looks scary big, I called it my " baby limo " but is surprisingly easy to manuver
Advertisements
conman50
We will be adopting a baby in July and our 1st son will turn 3 next month. I have a travel system that I used for my 1st son and still use the stroller portion of it. My question is: should I buy a whole new travel system with a double stroller so that both of the kids can ride at once or should I try to find one that my old infant carrier will fit onto? I know it would make more sense to use the old one but it seems that they don't make that specific one any longer and I didn't know if my carrier would fit on other strollers. Also it seems that most of them only go to 40 lbs and my son weighs about 33 now. Would it even be worth it?
I know that they make the ones where he could stand or sit on some sort pf platform but they just won;t be comfortable for my oldest should he want to nap or ride for a long time.
I never imagined that I would ever have a double stroller issue!
I am a father to be and my wife and i are also looking for the best stroller. So far, the information that i have gathered is enought to compare the brands of strollers.
Last update on April 5, 8:10 am by Sachin Gupta.
Stroller is the baby first ride here's the baby best stroller sit and stand with three wheel and amazing look.
Last update on September 20, 1:07 am by frankie jhon.